• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3W 110 XI-CS

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Rob.....You thinking out loud again? ;)
Kinda sorta like maybe. I want to find out more about this engine. I mean, after all...it is a "dub", right? I will be fair and honest, the 124 BE is a pretty decent engine. I really like it a lot. It has very good power, is dependable as the day is long and it's kind of nice to look at too. But ain't nuthin' in this world like a gorgeous red head. Maybe that is why my new girl is also a red head huh? Hee hee

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok just got off the phone with 3w. Yes it is a new engine from 3w. The biggest change is the rear induction and the casings. Asked about the specifications and was told roughly the same as the one with the induction between the cylinders. It does benefit from rear induction but nothing has been published as of now. Aircraft has a couple and one has been sold already. They are going for $1795.00 That's all I know right now boys still would like to own one.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok just got off the phone with 3w. Yes it is a new engine from 3w. The biggest change is the rear induction and the casings. Asked about the specifications and was told roughly the same as the one with the induction between the cylinders. It does benefit from rear induction but nothing has been published as of now. Aircraft has a couple and one has been sold already. They are going for $1795.00 That's all I know right now boys still would like to own one.
Dude, you rock. Thank you for making the effort in getting info on the new love of my life. Yes!!! I absolutely will not share her. I'm a two red head kinda man.:laughing:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Rob,

The same goes for me. This is getting more and more interesting. I'm beginning to wonder what this new beast can really do. The specs for the "normal" 3W110CS has a maximum recommended 2 blade prop size of 30x12 and the engine testing sheet snoopy1 posted shows a 32x12 prop was used. Another example is that the maximum prop size on my 3W55XI CS is a 24x8 and the factory testing prop that was used on it was a 22x11. From what I remember the G Man telling me, the factory doesn't use the largest recommended prop size for their testing. If the ratio is anywhere the same, that twin should turn something like a 34x8 or maybe even a 34x10. . . :eek:

All this talk about redheads has convinced me that I need to put mine in my Laser and put my 70 twin in my AMR Stick or maybe even vise versa. :yesss:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Rob,

The same goes for me. This is getting more and more interesting. I'm beginning to wonder what this new beast can really do. The specs for the "normal" 3W110CS has a maximum recommended 2 blade prop size of 30x12 and the engine testing sheet snoopy1 posted shows a 32x12 prop was used. Another example is that the maximum prop size on my 3W55XI CS is a 24x8 and the factory testing prop that was used on it was a 22x11. From what I remember the G Man telling me, the factory doesn't use the largest recommended prop size for their testing. If the ratio is anywhere the same, that twin should turn something like a 34x8 or maybe even a 34x10. . . :eek:

All this talk about redheads has convinced me that I need to put mine in my Laser and put my 70 twin in my AMR Stick or maybe even vise versa. :yesss:
I love my red heads. But I am also a "show me" kind of guy. Maybe too skeptical until I actually see it. What they are indicating is that this lil 110cc engine is turning a larger prop than my 157cs and my 170. Though I respect your enthusiasm, I highly doubt a 110cc engine, even a "dub" will turn a prop nearly as large as the 210csts. It's interesting though. I would love to see and fly one of these babies.