• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3W 110 XI-CS

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Rob,

I stand corrected. I wasn't paying enough attention to the picture @Snoopy1 posted. . . . .:msn_slap:. That thing looks interesting. I'm sure a phone call or an email and The G Man will be high on your priority list. . . . . :laughing:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
image.jpeg
Ok boys this is a check sheet from the motor. Notice very clearly that is has the "XI" in its designation. The only thing I know is that it is a monster and and that the crankcase is fully machined have not seen this before on a 3w. I Owen two 3w but they are small and singles. I do not anyone at 3w to call to ask I have not bought an engine from them lately. But I am interested in this one. Look at the sheet 32-12 at 5800 rpm that is nuts.?????????

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I wonder if it has anything to do with their "Heavy Fuel" engines? Most 120cc engines wont run on a prop that big.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Do the 35center! You know the 92" is MINE :dancing-chicken:. lol
Yeah, if they ever make it. I just checked shipping on Chief's site. 35% now due in Aug. The 31% is not scheduled until....ugh....get this, December. ARGH!!!!impatient-smiley-emoticon.gif Talk about a swift kick to the "nads".
groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif
I think it is time I put in a call to the man himself. Been awhile since I chatted with him so it's time.

P.S. Kelly, I really need to put my 70 twin "dub" in an airframe. Please don't hate if I get the 31 center...k? LOL

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
View attachment 84085 Ok boys this is a check sheet from the motor. Notice very clearly that is has the "XI" in its designation. The only thing I know is that it is a monster and and that the crankcase is fully machined have not seen this before on a 3w. I Owen two 3w but they are small and singles. I do not anyone at 3w to call to ask I have not bought an engine from them lately. But I am interested in this one. Look at the sheet 32-12 at 5800 rpm that is nuts.?????????
Are you "freaking" kidding me??? That monster swings the same props as my 157cs and 170. Holy moly....Ok, I am selling everything I own, {except my "dubs"} I have got to get one of these. Daymn.....

I wonder if it has anything to do with their "Heavy Fuel" engines? Most 120cc engines wont run on a prop that big.
Heavy fuel engine wont turn that RPM. It is about 1K shy of that number.

My interest has peaked on that new 110xi. Sad that it is so damned expensive. But it has alot of German engineering behind it. And I will trust what Big G says about that engine over anyone else!

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey @Snoopy1 ,

Go to the link I posted for Aircraft International and get the phone number or email for Gerhard (don't ask me to try and type his last name. . . LOL) Gerhard owns and runs AI. He is a great guy to talk to and will be more than happy to answer any question you might have. BTW, that little sheet is something 3W provides for all of the CS engines, since they run them in house before they are shipped out. That just shows their test setup and readings. Just remember, the engine will get stronger as it breaks in. . . . . . .:yesss:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Heavy fuel engine wont turn that RPM. It is about 1K shy of that number.

My interest has peaked on that new 110xi. Sad that it is so damned expensive. But it has alot of German engineering behind it. And I will trust what Big G says about that engine over anyone else!
Also, the heavy fuel engines do not have near the ponies. Don't care about expense...I think I will get a new 40 center and put this on the nose. Just think of it... a 30 pound 40 center with a monster up front. Yeah baby, that's what I'm talking about.

I looked at going with a HFE 3W, awhile back. I was not impressed with the HP and RPM values of the size I was looking for Which is why I stayed with carbuerated engines.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I looked at going with a HFE 3W, awhile back. I was not impressed with the HP and RPM values of the size I was looking for Which is why I stayed with carbuerated engines.
Truth is... how can anyone compete with the likes of this new introdution? Can you imagine if they built a 150cc or 170 cc class engine with this engineering?