• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

The last three builds (300 shp,58 edge and now my vyper bype) I have had one side of the elevator higher than the other. The stab is straight,covering good,no warps,and both sides in the joiner are set all the way in. I have about 1/4 difference on each end. Someone told me its not that big of a deal but I notice when flying slow harrier I have to use more rudder than usual. Anyone have any opinion on this??? Thanks in advance.

gyro

GSN Contributor
The last three builds (300 shp,58 edge and now my vyper bype) I have had one side of the elevator higher than the other. The stab is straight,covering good,no warps,and both sides in the joiner are set all the way in. I have about 1/4 difference on each end. Someone told me its not that big of a deal but I notice when flying slow harrier I have to use more rudder than usual. Anyone have any opinion on this??? Thanks in advance.

I usually try to account for this when gluing in the phenolic elevator connector, but sometimes I don't get it perfect, and also have a slight discrepancy.
To fix, I'll move the high side down a little with my hands, then have the wife hit that side with the heat gun, and this will usually fix it.
If the discrepancy is large, I'll also hold the low side up a little, and also heat gun it.

-G

nebwake

70cc twin V2
I posted this on RCG also but I know some of you are not there so Ill pose this question to you guys also....

"I have a Gens ace 4000 4S that has always been great and balances perfect but yesterday I had it out in my 59" slick and it would bog down after about 30 secs on WOT. I landed and reproduced it on the ground. my 3 other packs were fine so it wasn't the ESC or anything. I checked the cell voltage and it was still charged to 4.15v/cell after the short flight. Any ideas?"

gyro

GSN Contributor
I posted this on RCG also but I know some of you are not there so Ill pose this question to you guys also....

"I have a Gens ace 4000 4S that has always been great and balances perfect but yesterday I had it out in my 59" slick and it would bog down after about 30 secs on WOT. I landed and reproduced it on the ground. my 3 other packs were fine so it wasn't the ESC or anything. I checked the cell voltage and it was still charged to 4.15v/cell after the short flight. Any ideas?"

Sounds like the internal chemistry in the pack is failing. As these packs wear out or fail, they still show a regular voltage when checked without a load, however very quickly after applying a load, their ability to output at constant or near constant (think C rating) voltage drops dangerously.
Good thing you caught it early, it could have led to a LVC crash!