• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

nebwake

70cc twin V2
Yea that is what I was afraid of, the pack is about 2 seasons old I guess and I have flown it hard as snot so.... Anyways I guess it time to keep track of hobbypartz and see when they get some in. Kinda sucks because they just had some in stock, but with Christmas coming up and gifts for the little ones dads toy airplanes take a back seat:(. I dont think that mama would like it if I got batteries for my 8 month old!

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
+1 on what Gary said. the first sign of a battery going down hill is when it cant hold voltage under load. it will charge fine and voltage check when resting will be perfect but put it under high load and the voltage drops, and if it's bad enough it will activate your LVC.

Volrtage sag is also worse when the battery is cold so if it was a cold day that may have been exacerbating the problem. the way to check for sure is to charge it and do a static test with a wattmeter. a good battery will hold 3.8v per cell. If it's dropping around 3.5v per cell or less then it's getting to retirement time.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yea that is what I was afraid of, the pack is about 2 seasons old I guess and I have flown it hard as snot so.... Anyways I guess it time to keep track of hobbypartz and see when they get some in. Kinda sucks because they just had some in stock, but with Christmas coming up and gifts for the little ones dads toy airplanes take a back seat:(. I dont think that mama would like it if I got batteries for my 8 month old!

I have been switching to the Glacier 4s4000 packs. The weigh a couple grams less, and have slightly better performance. EPBuddy has a new batch of batteries arriving in a few days. They probably won't sell out overnight, so you might have some time after the holidays. :)

horton

50cc
3D Hobby Shop is having a sale on 12/12/12/... enter coupon code "12/12/12" at checkout for 12% off any in stock airframe. One day only of course, 12/12/12/.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
I have been switching to the Glacier 4s4000 packs. The weigh a couple grams less, and have slightly better performance. EPBuddy has a new batch of batteries arriving in a few days. They probably won't sell out overnight, so you might have some time after the holidays. :)

its nice to have a LHS that sells all of epbuddy's products since he is in columbus. im gonna miss it

horton

50cc
Thought I'd pop in here and give an update with what's happening at 3DHS. We are expecting a container mid to late January. Up for pre-order now are 42" Slicks, a few 89" Slicks, 119" Extras and 120" Extra 330 LX's. Also, the Vypers are on sale. This includes the 48", 65" and the 42" Bype. The 70" Velox's are on sale for limited time as well.

The shelf with the garage sale stuff is starting to overflow. You might want to save some Christmas money, as we will host another garage sale after the first of the year. Don't worry, we will give plenty of notice.

As far as incoming restocks, the 87" Extras, more 89" Slicks and a few 104" Slicks should arrive late February. As we get closer, we can firm up the ETA and put those airframes up for pre-order.

3D Hobby Shop will be closed next week for the holidays. We will ship Friday, Dec. 28 and Monday, Dec. 31, then reopen again January 2, 2013.

Look for our next installment of the 3DHS podcast either late this evening or Thursday. We hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it.

We would like to take this opportunity to wish all of our customers and friends a happy, safe Holiday Season. Thank you all for your support this year. Here's to a great 2013!

Noll