• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS New Products and General Plane Info/Help for Fanatics

Not at all. The wind was a mess. I made a fool out of myself with my small planes a couple of times. My timer versus the wind ended up with a very dead 1800 3s in the 42" slick. Had to run across the runway and get it...jeez.

Yes, I flew both my Fantasy Blue Slicks, 70" and 89"... I hope I didn't embarrass myself with my poor skills though... hadn't flown in about a month due to my move to Texas.

gyro

GSN Contributor
The sale is on this thread??

Yes Sir :)

Not at all. The wind was a mess. I made a fool out of myself with my small planes a couple of times. My timer versus the wind ended up with a very dead 1800 3s in the 42" slick. Had to run across the runway and get it...jeez.

Yup, I was very torn about even flying at all in that wind, as I'm just not used to it, and have only a little confidence with wind, but I've gotta start learning somewhere, sometime, right? We're you able to put it down without damage?

Yea no damage and hope the battery will live a long happy life. It got discharged down to 2.4 volts on one cell. Recovered fine and has fine resistance. Time will tell.

Do you have the stock wheels on the 70" slick?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yea no damage and hope the battery will live a long happy life. It got discharged down to 2.4 volts on one cell. Recovered fine and has fine resistance. Time will tell.

Do you have the stock wheels on the 70" slick?

Yes, I do.

glad your plane was fine. I ran my 89" out of gas while flying yesterday :veryshocked:

got to "practice" a dead stick landing... not as perfect as Herb's at the show, but the plane is fine and rolled to gentle stop at the edge of the field.

I was next to the guys with the geebee with the white canopy. That trailer looked good man!! I flew my vyper, 42 slick and 47 shp. Smacked the vyper on thursday

It was not, that was Pat's and I think he only had a couple flights on it. He couldn't get it started the first time. Then they were flying it when I was up once. Interesting automatic choke disengauge.

Where were you, bet we passed each other a dozen times! Where you parked, what did you fly? Many picked up on me with my homemade trailer, probably a dozen folks came over for a look. hehe, even early in the morning when I was sleeping. Nice weather and I slept with the ramp down. :) Funny they would say that's it!

Rob

SnowDog

SSSHHHH don't tell my wife. She'll be sure to crash my computer.

Kerwin you sly dog...didn't know you had joined us here! Welcome aboard!

Don't forget to post a picture of you and that awesome green machine in the newcomers thread!

robj

70cc twin V2
I didn't think the wind was THAT bad thur/Fri. But I was flying an 87! :) Saturday about mid morning it got a little hairy. I scuffed a wing tip and pant.

Thursday friday was good. I am not used to landing on tarmac as we have a cloth runway. Snapped the landing gear on the baby vyper and non in stock right now.