• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
I got to page 29 and then jumped up to see this is still going :) Nice. Because of SEFF mine will be here someday...

I'd post the video, but you would be cursing at the angle. You can see a little of it's speed in pop tops. It might get parked for a while as Nall prep is going to consume me for weeks. Just got my 104 and 110 out of storage. Flying days are still rare up here as April is the month of wind and mud.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
yes. but unfortunately it is not specific to the velox....i call it 3dhsyndrome. i get urges almost every day for a different airframe.

Mine has a RCGF 26BM which is the correct size motor for this setup. A few ounces more than the 20 and it likes a 18x7 falcon prop. Only issue is that the motor is not proven as I don't know of anyone else with one and I have a gallon through mine. Just don't fly it enough. The 6s 5000 electric setup is hard to beat.

Matt,

I thought about electric, but everything else I have is electric so I was thinking about gas.

How much difference is there in power and response between 6s and a DLE 30?