• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

ryan_m

100cc
The problem with the dle-30 is that it starts to make this plane tend towards the heavier side, and the low/slow capabilities suffer a bit. On 6s4000 or 6s5000 (my preference) it's incredible with the right motor. The plane comes out pretty light, and the power and instant response of the electric setup is awesome. If you are dead set on gas I would really look at the 26cc motor that Enterprise has, it seems to be a nice middle sized motor, but I don't know the weight comparison between it and a dle-30 either, so I would definitely compare that as well.

If you do go electric I would very very much recommend the Motrolfly 4325-425 from subsonicplanes.com
Several of us have that motor on this plane now, and it is a fantastic match. I've had two veloxes and 4 different motors between them, and that 4325-425 is far and away my favorite. Can run a 19x8 for awesome low/slow performance, or an 18x10 for still great low/slow, but very quick top end speed which is great for crankshafts, pop tops, and other high energy stuff. Hell it will even pylon race with it. I've raced the EF-1 pylon planes like the Pogo and Shoestring and been competitive. I think it runs around 90-100 mph with the 18x10 on there. It just doesn't seem like it since the plane is so big.

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
Electric...Motrofly 4325 360kv and 6s 5000mah[video=youtube;fw-GC3m5ZhI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw-GC3m5ZhI[/video]

ryan_m

100cc
good choice - would be my plan too. I think I'll only get the 56" AJ Laser though, for my next gas plane the upcoming 78/85 MXS from EF is it. VVRC 40 twin motor going on it most likely. Or maybe the new DA35, haven't decided just yet.

ryan_m

100cc
Nope, 425kv. You can just write that in the special notes field and Ken will do it for you. Me, [MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION], and a few others have this kv and love it.

ryan_m

100cc
The 450 one limits you to running an 18x8 prop. Not at all bad on this plane either, but I like the flexibility of running either a 19x8 or 18x10 that the 425 kv gets you.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Nope, 425kv. You can just write that in the special notes field and Ken will do it for you. Me, @GYRO, and a few others have this kv and love it.

Love is almost an understatement... it's the perfect setup for me on this airplane.