• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

Flew the new falcon 18x7. RPM was only 7700 on the ground. Flew really nice. Blew the rudder hinges off. Landed without the rudder. Only damage is to replace the hinges and one ball link. I think this combo is pretty nice though. Got three spins on the one pop top I did.

dskuro95

100cc
Just flew a 70" velox for the first time today.
Must say I now need to come up with the money for one. Might be my new favorite

gyro

GSN Contributor
Flew the new falcon 18x7. RPM was only 7700 on the ground. Flew really nice. Blew the rudder hinges off. Landed without the rudder. Only damage is to replace the hinges and one ball link. I think this combo is pretty nice though. Got three spins on the one pop top I did.

26cc engine?

Yep, the RCGF 26cc BM. Patrick had already redone the hinges. He used Acraglas, and the all 4 hinges failed at the joint. We are going to drill them out and go up to the next size robarts. I must be pretty hard on my rudder with this plane. With fuel it came in at 9lbs 9 ounces today on my fish scale. I need to get a better method of weighing my planes. That prop combo seemed pretty good, but time will tell.

mazjag

50cc
I had something odd happen on this plane the last two weekends I`ll share with you guys...I have had one of the aileron servo leads come unplugged from the RX..not from the extension, but the RX itself...The first time I landed it I thought I must have knocked it loose working on it...the 2nd time I belly/harrier landed it...It tore the landing gear mount up slightly including snapping one of the carbon rods..Come to find out all the pop tops and tumbles and weight of the extensions were causing the leads to come unplugged...I know I got away with one :) ...I now tie the leads to the radio tray with a velcro strap...They are not even that long...anybody ever hear of that before?

gyro

GSN Contributor
I had something odd happen on this plane the last two weekends I`ll share with you guys...I have had one of the aileron servo leads come unplugged from the RX..not from the extension, but the RX itself...The first time I landed it I thought I must have knocked it loose working on it...the 2nd time I belly/harrier landed it...It tore the landing gear mount up slightly including snapping one of the carbon rods..Come to find out all the pop tops and tumbles and weight of the extensions were causing the leads to come unplugged...I know I got away with one :) ...I now tie the leads to the radio tray with a velcro strap...They are not even that long...anybody ever hear of that before?

I lost my 60" laser when a pop top unplugged the elevator

mazjag

50cc
I have had bad luck with this kinda stuff..My "62 Osiris ripped the whole battery tray out.. That is pretty hard to do with a pattern plane..Luckily, the Velox has a sweet landing gear mount as always 3dhs.. Used a piece CF tube off a wrecked Addiction mount(don`t throw old planes out) to slide over the carbon tube and back in business..It broke both wheel hubs and bent an axle as well...

I lost my 60" laser when a pop top unplugged the elevator

I was flying a Buddies Hanger 9 sukio today, and did a snap roll and well lets say he didnt have his batterys tied down to well, nor did he have a saftey clip on the plug, anyways it ended in a Successful Dead stick landing,, [MENTION=2739]ddparker[/MENTION] was talking to donald Trollenger and he got the whole thing on video

mazjag

50cc
That is why I don`t fly other people planes...The crap just seems to fail while you flying it..All these guy in our club want me to fly their 30cc and 50cc planes..Forget it! I`ll fly mine and you fly yours...

Yeah some people choose to do that , I actually flew 5 different airplanes from 5 different owners today, I didn't have a plane Rdy yet, since I sold my 104, so I went to the field and helped everyone out today