• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

ddparker

30cc
Well I learned something today, that is to always use safety clips on all battery plus and make sure the battery's are tied down tight.
Today BBrown was fling my Hanger 9 sukio and did a snap roll and a battery came loose and unplug the battery from the ignition.
Blake bid a good job landing the plane dead stick.
A Big Thanks goes out to Blake.

I can't count how many times the battery keeper on my powerpoles have saved my bacon. Ditto on the servo wire connectors. Cheap insurance.

Fast3D

50cc
Do you mean if I dont buy the programmer, I can use my transmitter only to do the programming? thanks.

sorry for this basic question. I received my gecko 125 mah, and used a BEC PRO which was set at 8v for my HV servos. Do I need to do any programming to my ESC at all? thanks.

3dRCparts.com

70cc twin V2
you unpluged the red wire from the ESC?

Then all you need to do is calibrate the throttle by setting the end points of your radio to 150/150, throttle all the way up, plug in esc, wait for 2 beeps, pull trottle all the way down, and your done

Fast3D

50cc
Thanks again but still not sure why I need to enter into the ESC programming. wouldn't two beeps get me into battery mode. I think...:confused:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks again but still not sure why I need to enter into the ESC programming. wouldn't two beeps get me into battery mode. I think...:confused:

You're calibrating the ESC to your radio's throttle channel. This maximizes the throttle response.

Got some good flights on the Velox today. The video did not come out as I am using a new hatcam and it was pointed too high. The 18x7 is a great combo with this motor and I don't see dinking around with it anymore. I was 9lbs 7oz AUW with fuel. I will try to remember to get RPM next time out and figure out my effective thrust, but it has plenty of pull out thrust. Does a couple of spins in pop tops.

I also noticed today that the fuse is a bit longer than my 74 Edge fuse when I was trying to load the truck. This plane has a very different formula than a lot of the other stuff on the market and I wish it was available in other sizes. I have a stock pile of 48" Velox stuff, but bigger would be nice.

ryan_m

100cc
Got some good flights on the Velox today. The video did not come out as I am using a new hatcam and it was pointed too high. The 18x7 is a great combo with this motor and I don't see dinking around with it anymore. I was 9lbs 7oz AUW with fuel. I will try to remember to get RPM next time out and figure out my effective thrust, but it has plenty of pull out thrust. Does a couple of spins in pop tops.

I also noticed today that the fuse is a bit longer than my 74 Edge fuse when I was trying to load the truck. This plane has a very different formula than a lot of the other stuff on the market and I wish it was available in other sizes. I have a stock pile of 48" Velox stuff, but bigger would be nice.

Sounds like an awesome match - may have to build me a gas one with that motor.
I too wish that they would make the Velox in bigger sizes! A 50cc one especially...