• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

mazjag

50cc
Anybody used the Castle arming link? I have that deal with the deans plug on the side of my 2M plane..I would rather not use that here if not needed..

Letzrock

50cc
Anybody used the Castle arming link? I have that deal with the deans plug on the side of my 2M plane..I would rather not use that here if not needed..

I use the arming link it works great. You do have to enable that feature in the esc though.

mazjag

50cc
Those things are way cool. You see those a lot on 2M competition planes..The Castle one should be pretty neat as its free...If you email them...

mazjag

50cc
I have the CC bec pro coming and HItec 5585 servos and a Spektrum 7610 RX coming for mine...What voltage do you guys set the BEC output at with the castle link? thx..Jason

gyro

GSN Contributor
I have the CC bec pro coming and HItec 5585 servos and a Spektrum 7610 RX coming for mine...What voltage do you guys set the BEC output at with the castle link? thx..Jason

Tests have shown servos will last longer when set for 7.5 or 8v. Even though the servos are rated for 8.4v it's assumed that it'll be unregulated lipo, in which voltage does drop during flight.

mazjag

50cc
Thanks Gyro, As far as the BEC...I was gonna splice(solder) my input wires into the ESC leads..I`m just using the 6s for power and no RX battery..I don`t see the point of trying to solder everything into the ESC input connector...Does that sound correct?

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks Gyro, As far as the BEC...I was gonna splice(solder) my input wires into the ESC leads..I`m just using the 6s for power and no RX battery..I don`t see the point of trying to solder everything into the ESC input connector...Does that sound correct?

That is exactly how I did mine.
(I'm also running a CC BEC pro on my Velox)

mazjag

50cc
Gyro, where do most people normally mount the BEC? side of the motorbox? underneath battery tray? I`m 6s electric ,not gas...I just copy people when it comes to 3DHS stuff..It works well..Thx..Jason

Last edited by a moderator: