• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

gyro

GSN Contributor
hey its bin a while since I have bin. things have bin crazy with work and my 5 month old son. but my 70 velox is almost complete as I am waiting for my esc to come in, should have had it a while ago but that's a long story I will sure write up when I get a chance. also I plan on putting an eagle tree 2d/3d in. any input would be nice on the eagle tree. are you guys running a idle on your E-Planes if so input on that would be great.

I use a throttle kill, and when the throttle is not killed, the prop turns just above the minimum required to make it move, so that it doesn't ever stop in flight.

mazjag

50cc
Getting ready to order my Velox and I`m just covering all my bases...What are you guys using for a RX battery?...I`m almost tempted to just use the BEC..On my 2m Vanquish I use a 2 cell 1350 lipo and a regulator...I think you would want something larger than a 1350 for a 3D sport plane? Jason

gyro

GSN Contributor
Getting ready to order my Velox and I`m just covering all my bases...What are you guys using for a RX battery?...I`m almost tempted to just use the BEC..On my 2m Vanquish I use a 2 cell 1350 lipo and a regulator...I think you would want something larger than a 1350 for a 3D sport plane? Jason

Jason,

I'm running my Velox through a BEC and the single flight pack (6s5000/5300).

mazjag

50cc
Great, as just what I`m gonna do..I don`t see how you make something more reliable by bringing in 2 more pieces to fail. I have had great luck with electric planes...Hundreds of flights with no component failures..I`m sure they happen..I almost wanted a DLE 30 on the thing, but I have seen so many deadsticks and planes landing in the grass and ripping the gear out I`ll pass..Just saw a guy at our club destroy a Krill composite with a DA50 when it quit on him..thanks..Jason

My Velox is setup on a Wolverine switch and 2x 2s 1000 lipos. I currently run a RCGF 26cc BM on mine. My EF 70 Extra ran a Castle BEC pro with no issues. I think it just important to get 2 sources of power into the RX for bigger 3D planes and the BEC pro does that. My old 89 slick electric used the BEC pro as well.

mazjag

50cc
Thanks, I`m gonna be using basic recommended setup from 3DHS with the Hacker etc....Will I need a an extra servo for the elevator or is one fine? and I assume I`m using the pull-pull with an electric setup? Jason

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks, I`m gonna be using basic recommended setup from 3DHS with the Hacker etc....Will I need a an extra servo for the elevator or is one fine? and I assume I`m using the pull-pull with an electric setup? Jason

Yes, pull-pull with electric, and one elevator servo. There is a joiner the connects the two elevators.

mazjag

50cc
Ok its ordered...Still have a BEC ? If I want to use just a BEC and not a external RX battery can I not run the Castle 100 internal one? Its rated at 5 amps and I`m using 4 Hitec digital servos...I guess most guys are using a CC pro BEC tied into the main pack? thx..Jason

gyro

GSN Contributor
Ok its ordered...Still have a BEC ? If I want to use just a BEC and not a external RX battery can I not run the Castle 100 internal one? Its rated at 5 amps and I`m using 4 Hitec digital servos...I guess most guys are using a CC pro BEC tied into the main pack? thx..Jason

CC BEC pro is better than internal castle BEC.
Only internal I recommend on this size plane is the one in the ZTW Gecko: it's an 8A with burst to 16A.