• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 70" Velox

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gyro, where do most people normally mount the BEC? side of the motorbox? underneath battery tray? I`m 6s electric ,not gas...I just copy people when it comes to 3DHS stuff..It works well..Thx..Jason

my esc is mounted to the bottom of the motorbox, and my BEC is mounted to the firewall with a ziptie

gyro

GSN Contributor
Finally had a chance to take a picture:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392859083.991336.jpg

mazjag

50cc
Is there a trick to getting the cowl to work on the velox? I can`t get the canopy to slide underneath it as its too tight...thx Jason

ryan_m

100cc
Did you cut the big area out of the bottom as shown in the manual? Mine didn't fit either, which I find frustrating. The older 68" Velox's fit perfect. The new 70 is a bit too small in the fiberglass mold. I wish they would make the mold bigger and get the cowls to fitting right. Anyways cut the big section out of the bottom as shown in this pic. Once it's done you'll forget you ever did it. And the cowl will fit.
velox.jpg

Hey guys i am getting near to my maiden my 70 velox. Are you guys running the 16 degree of throw on the ailerons as the manual calls for or am i not understanding this correctly. Also is anyone running a eagle tree guardian in there set up. If so do you like it.