• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 103" Extra 330SC

Tadman11

30cc
HugoCraft, nice job man. Looks great. Im just behind you in this build. Would you mind posting how you mount the motor? Im gonna be running the dle111 in mine for now. Pics always help!

Ailerons are set but haven't checked the throws. With no servos I think one wing travels farther up than down and the other wing farther down than up. I'll set the throws equal later with both wings on the fuse and throw meter on each aileron.

Got the firewall drilled out but the template side holes didn't line up with the bolts to the L brackets behind the firewall. I extended the cross hair lines to line it up.

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

Got the motor temporally mounted and cut the holes for the exhaust. The 3w is a little longer than the dle-111 so I actually don't need standoffs to get the right distance but one of the mufflers is flush with the back of the motor so I need to move it out a little so it doesn't touch the firewall. I think 3mm-1/8" will be enough and hopefully the heat from the muffler won't hurt the wood being that close. I need to get the spacers and shorter mounting bolts so I did other small things like work on the landing gear, mount tank, etc. Also need to get some foam to direct the air towards the cylinders as well.

IMG_0551.jpg

I'm still not rushing but it should be done soon :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Throttle servo is in using a plastic housing that was left over from a t-rex 700e helicopter upgrade to move the servo down about 1/2" .

IMG_0588.jpg

Motor is mounted and the washers space the motor out just far enough so the muffler is clear of the firewall. Fuel tank is in but you can barely see it.

IMG_0597.jpg

Throttle linkage geometry and length is set but I need to swap out the mounting hardware for the linkage.

IMG_0596.jpg

Need to make intake boxes/scoops pointing at the motor, mount ignition, run fuel lines, and that finishes basically everything forward of the firewall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Baffling and choke lever done last night!

I did a little more trimming after this photo though to give more clearance between the foam and motor.

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg