• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 103" Extra 330SC

Built this throw meter fairly easily so dialing in the throws last night. Should be done with the throws tonight or tomorrow.

IMG_0716.jpg

Flew the 103" today and it did great. I think I got 7-8 flights today. I'll post more details later and planning on flying more tomorrow.

Took a few minutes to figure out how to load it but the field is only a few minutes from home. Building a box for my trailer frame is the goal for April since I don't want to haul the 103 all the time this way

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

Only hiccup or issue today was red covering started to come up on the bottom of the left wing

IMG_0744.jpg

Corner torn off and came off in flight

IMG_0745.jpg

Ironed it back down and added a red piece on top

IMG_0746.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wedoitall

Flew the 103" today and it did great. I think I got 7-8 flights today. I'll post more details later and planning on flying more tomorrow.

Took a few minutes to figure out how to load it but the field is only a few minutes from home. Building a box for my trailer frame is the goal for April since I don't want to haul the 103 all the time this way

View attachment 7141

View attachment 7142

View attachment 7143

View attachment 7144

View attachment 7145

View attachment 7146

Only hiccup or issue today was red covering started to come up on the bottom of the left wing

View attachment 7147

Corner torn off and came off in flight

View attachment 7148

Ironed it back down and added a red piece on top

View attachment 7149

thats too freakin awesome man!!!!!

are you gonna build your trailer like Robj trailer build log?

thats too freakin awesome man!!!!!

are you gonna build your trailer like Robj trailer build log?

This isn't the prettiest trailer but I got it off a friend for trading stuff I didn't want or need anymore. Basically got it for free since he has a better camper trailer he is converting. When I pulled it home I couldn't tell it was there behind the ranger. I can easily lift the front and move it around with just one hand too.

It has new rubber tires but was sitting in some mud and it has new bearings. So what I need to do and is pull that box off, repaint the frame black, then build a longer box about the same height as the ranger for it. Probably build some type of a v-front on it as well to get more space and length for the 103 extra. The box in my mind is inspired from what Robj did with his. Goal for april is get the trailer going the way I want then May is Joe Nall!

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Congrats on the maiden. Love that long spinner, looks really aggressive! Looking forward to some video!