• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 103" Extra 330SC

Jungle

50cc
I am not where I can run out and check but does someone know the rod length for the rudder trying to help a friend.

I am not where I can run out and check but does someone know the rod length for the rudder trying to help a friend.

I keep forgetting to measure it but I'll try tonight

Yesterday I got the bottom of the fuse done and using a hangar 9 fuel fuel exit fitting and I used Dubro hex servo mounting screws instead of the little included Philips screws.

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

I got a lot of stuff done inside the fuse such as mount ignition kill, ignition switch, ignition indicator LED, pin/flag for the smart fly, mount the smartly power safe board with receiver, started to run wires, laid velcro down for batteries, etc. Still not done but will take pics inside once its done and neat looking.

Also got landing gear made up but not yet mounted to the fuse.

I need to mount the satellites then I'll take pictures inside the fuse showing the wiring and how its all laid out.

IMG_0701.jpg

Spinner is already drilled and was on the Edge but I still need to drill the 27x10 falcon prop. Landing gear and tail wheel assembly is done. I'll put the gear on once I'm ready to fold up the table and set the plane on the ground to dial in the aileron throws with the wings on the plane. Also ordered a pilot and should be in soon.

Wiring inside the fuse done!

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

Landing gear on!

IMG_0714.jpg

Need to drill the prop, set the aileron throws, and lube up the wing/tail tubes to make them a little easier to get in and out.

Check CG and its ready!

Nice job John glad to see everything went smooth.. I got my 104 done last weekend... Going to fire it up this Saturday for the first time.
Need to get together soon and fly the big boys.