• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3D Hobby Shop 47" Extra 300shp

gyro

GSN Contributor
dubro makes some, they're thin, red plastic. IMHO, they're not strong enough for 3D, so when I used them, I would reinforce them with a thin 1/8" wide piece of flat CF.

-G

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Evening huck with my v3 shp tonight.[video=youtube;n9hvN5HhEq4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9hvN5HhEq4[/video]
Nice flying!
I set up a switch for saftey. Idle set. Set up a curve to tame it to my liking. Took just a minor adjustment. Not perfect but close. I also had my cg farther back than it should have been. What a difference (obviously). Helps when you read the manual. I had it on the spar instead of 3.5". It was at 4". I really only have a couple packs through it, but now its coming around. Its been a littly gusty today. Not bad to fly in but kinda had to really feel it out.

Has anyone done much flying with and without the sfg's on this bird. I was wondering how much of an increase of roll rate they observed. I think i'm going to try mine without them next time out. Looking for some more roll rate.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
I got it!!! Did some tweaking and got it. I still need more elevator throw and I am in. I can harrier with full up elevator and the rock is very little and no fear of dropping a wing. Thanks for the support.
I dont have SFG's and the roll rate is fairly fast. It flys good without any drama.

3DMad5

50cc
I got one of these planes for Christmas this year, and I've only flown it once... Unfortunately it's in America while I'm in Ireland for the foreseeable future :mad:. Having read this thread, I wish there was some way to teleport it to me! Oh well. I'll just have to wait for the 41" Edge I'm about to order to arrive...

gyro

GSN Contributor
I got one of these planes for Christmas this year, and I've only flown it once... Unfortunately it's in America while I'm in Ireland for the foreseeable future :mad:. Having read this thread, I wish there was some way to teleport it to me! Oh well. I'll just have to wait for the 41" Edge I'm about to order to arrive...

I'm not sure if it'll help, but....

http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?695-Article-How-to-ship-a-quot-built-quot-Airplane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

3DMad5

50cc
Thanks ;) With any luck I'll be moving back soon, so it won't come to that. The only problem now is accumulating so many planes that I won't be able to move them with me!