• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3D Hobby Shop 47" Extra 300shp

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
I put a longer servo arm on and put a Hs-5085 in. Much improvement. This plane is great everywhere for me except slow and low. I can harrier now although it is not the most confidence inspiring plane I have flown. Landings are a breeze so far too. Looking forward to getting the bugs out. I switched from a 14x7 apc to a 13x6.5 apc. I think I like it better. Please understand I am a very confident flyer I am fairly new to 3D and fly alone so my outside input is almost none. I am having a lot of fun with this plane. I will try to add a video soon! I even ticked a wingtip (threw it sideways) on the edge of my pond and she flew right out. It was a good save for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
It did result in a go around and a mild shart. That thing went nearly 90 deg just gave some rudder and powered out. I guess I better bust out the weed wacker!

Maxx27

New to GSN!
Ok, the kit comes with the hardware to set the plane up as pull/pull. I am going to use the 130g motor. If I decide to go with push/pull can I still use the double horn for the rudder or do I need to try and track down a single horn for it? What have you guys done on this plane?

Thanks

jmart95

70cc twin V2
Just wanted to say I'm running pull/pull with the 130g motor, and there aren't any balance issues, if that's why you want to do push/pull.

jmart95

70cc twin V2
nope,I think I killed another rudder servo, and after reading about the tray issue yesterday, I checked it when I messed with my servo. Completely solid

3DMad5

50cc
I watched a video the other day of the One Trick Competition at the Knoxville FLI, and saw that a few of the competitors used this plane. It's really cool and a huge boost to my flying confidence to know that you don't have to have a high-dollar giant scale plane to take part in competitions and to do some cool moves. I can't wait to go fly my 47" Extra!

jmart95

70cc twin V2
I watched a video the other day of the One Trick Competition at the Knoxville FLI, and saw that a few of the competitors used this plane. It's really cool and a huge boost to my flying confidence to know that you don't have to have a high-dollar giant scale plane to take part in competitions and to do some cool moves. I can't wait to go fly my 47" Extra!

You'll love it! Mine is sadly in parts, at knoxville I had a battery go bad and demolished the front end on impact. Luckily a few guys helped get it back in the air(thanks Mike!!!) enough to fly in the one trick(ke circle), although with the bigger battery(don't trust any of the 3s batts. I have now, so I used a 4s 2600) it was off quite a bit with the cg and you could definitely tell the extra weight from it and the repairs. But I'm going to get a new one, this plane is just too much fun to not have in the fleet, I enjoyed it more than anything else I have/had in the fleet.

BTW, leave a decent gap in the elevator, it needs more throw then the bevel of the stab and elevator allowed for, I got about 60 degrees out of it with a slight gap and it was much better

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
BTW, leave a decent gap in the elevator, it needs more throw then the bevel of the stab and elevator allowed for, I got about 60 degrees out of it with a slight gap and it was much better

That is great advise. I did not and regretted it. I was eventually able to work the wood back some but did not like do it the way I did.