• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3D Hobby Shop 47" Extra 300shp

maxx4wd

50cc
Mike - if only it was that quick...we had our third little one and this build took almost an entire week - 2 hrs. a night after midnight is a bit unproductive...but wish I could build a whole plane in 20 seconds...more time to throw down...LOL

Spkey

30cc
Ordered my first 3D 300 SHP. Very excited. Running the Omega 130, 14x7 prop, hs65's all around. Still have to order a few more things and I need help with a few parts;

what esc would you recommend? Air boss 45a or CC 50 lite?

extensions: 2- 12", 2-6" and 1-6". Is that correct and does it have to be lightweight?

3dhs long servo arms. Are they a must?

Thanks for any tips and/or advice.

Bipenut53

150cc
Ordered my first 3D 300 SHP. Very excited. Running the Omega 130, 14x7 prop, hs65's all around. Still have to order a few more things and I need help with a few parts;

what esc would you recommend? Air boss 45a or CC 50 lite?

extensions: 2- 12", 2-6" and 1-6". Is that correct and does it have to be lightweight?

3dhs long servo arms. Are they a must?

Thanks for any tips and/or advice.

While the Airboss 45 is a great ESC they have had a couple of issues with the throttle signal from some Spektrum receivers. They have a fix for it and as far as I know the fix works great. Now if you arent running Spektrum then it is a non issue. As far as the long servo arms, yes they are recommended because they will give you the most effective control surface throw for 3D and you can use the entire resolution on the servos. You will like this airframe if you set it up as per recommendations. Just my opinion.......

Oh and by the way, welcome to the site!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Spkey

30cc
Thanks Bipenut! This will be my first 3D plane. I'll take it slow and start off sport flying and slowly attemp maneuvers. I will follow the build videos and anything else you may think I need or any tips would be great.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks Bipenut! This will be my first 3D plane. I'll take it slow and start off sport flying and slowly attemp maneuvers. I will follow the build videos and anything else you may think I need or any tips would be great.

Welcome @Spkey! I see you're in carefree! My parents live in Anthem and I am zonie native. I just escaped (ha ha... im not a fan of the heat or the city anymore) from there 8 years ago. I figured 35 years was enough.

I agree with ya... just fly sport and throw in an easy trick here and there and bam.... before you know it you're full on 3d flying!

Bipenut53

150cc

Nope you got the idea!! The extensions you listed should be fine as that plane will have plenty of power!! Like Mike said, fly it sport till you get used to it and ease into the few tricks. There are a ton of good people here willing to help. Also there is some VERY good tips on how to do 3D and particular tricks. Here is a link to one of the pages I found here to be an excellent source of information for everything from radio set up, trimming, and maneuvers
http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?1547-The-3D-Compiliation-Facts-How-to-Reference-amp-more!
The information covered there will be a bit overwhelming but take it slow and try one thing at a time after you get it trimmed and your radio set up correctly. Set up is the key!! Dont be afraid to ask questions here or elsewhere on this forum, you will not be humiliated on this site...... Ok now I'll climb down off my soap box lol......

Spkey

30cc
I hear ha 3dmike. The heat gets to you especially around September when your are on overload and you get no reprieve.

Thanks bipenut for the link. Very informative.