• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3D Hobby Shop 47" Extra 300shp

3DMad5

50cc
Mine is already built, but I don't have it with me so I can't check/modify my hinge gap at the moment

Maxx27

New to GSN!
I am running one of the new Castle lite 50 esc and HS-65mg servos. I am wondering what I should set the BEC voltage at on the esc. What are you guys set at?

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
At least 6v. The next time i get a chance i'm going to set my BEC up for 6.5v on another plane that has 65MGs. I read the KM has his set to to like 6.3V or something like that. I'll have to double check.

Haven't been flying lately but I did get a chance to put some flights on the shp today. Here is my mellow 3rd flight.[video=youtube;4k9pFrvLflI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k9pFrvLflI[/video]

aronph

70cc twin V2
So on a brand new motor how many packs should I fly through it before I start leaning it out? I hate that oily mess all over the.....oh wait :D

aronph

70cc twin V2
So i miss having a small plane and I think I want something a little more stable than the 41. Projected LIGHT setup:
3S 1800's
CC Ice Lite 50
MF 2810-1200 with 11x5.5
The servos though however will not be light. RJX FS-0435HV's
Whatcha think?

gyro

GSN Contributor
So i miss having a small plane and I think I want something a little more stable than the 41. Projected LIGHT setup:
3S 1800's
CC Ice Lite 50
MF 2810-1200 with 11x5.5
The servos though however will not be light. RJX FS-0435HV's
Whatcha think?

it would work

maxx4wd

50cc
[video=youtube_share;4Vwx4vJoD6g]http://youtu.be/4Vwx4vJoD6g[/video]

Here's a link to a recent build for this plane...the camera ran out of batteries here and there but I'll try this again with the 57" and post it up in that thread...