• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3D Hobby Shop 47" Extra 300shp

scarface

50cc
47" Extra 300shp

This is the place to ask any questions and talk about this sweet airframe!:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I love mine for sure but still getting used to it's slow speed and landing traits. Here is mine

photo-5.jpg

rdcskkrose

Banned
thumb-imagesCABAO7J8[1][1][1].jpgthumb-100_8491[1][1][1][1].jpgSD,

Here's mine! O130 sportin a 14x7. I fly at 6,000' ASL.

Perfection!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Is that a 130g omega with a 13x6.5? That looks really nice, almost looks as big as a 87".

Yes O130g and yes 13x6.5. I have been back and forth with the 14x7 and the 13x6.5 has better punch and vertical climb speed.
Not quite as big as the 87" though as you can see. ;)
SHPs.jpg

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I tried Brownie's suggestion this morning of adding an Airbrake mix to help with landings. I flew 4 times this morning before work and every landing was a perfect float in with a soft touchdown with no stall tendency, amazing, a totally different plane. I fly triple rates with the highest rate more travel than recommended and one landing I forgot to switch to a lower rate and it still landed nicely. It just floats in now.

On a side note the 8FG is so sweet to program and use. I also added in a speed option to it so the deploy transition is about 1 second.