• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

32" MXS-C! Backyard insanity!

Jace

50cc
My coupling changes every flight day on my crack yak. I've gone into the radio and mixed it out. And its solid the whole time its flying. Then a week later it couples completely different

AKfreak

150cc
My coupling changes every flight day on my crack yak. I've gone into the radio and mixed it out. And its solid the whole time its flying. Then a week later it couples completely different

That's strange, I use the same exact packs in the same location every time. I try to eliminate variables when I can. I wonder if the foam is changing shape due to varying temps.

Also, mine was built as square as possible, and when you eyeball down the wings to the horizontal stab, it looks perfect. However, when I fly mine in any sort of high energy maneuver, you can clearly see the tail twists.

I hate to add any more weight to the tail, but I might be putting in some Carbon tubes on a 45 to help keep things straight. I had to do this same exact thing on my Version One Extra Slick.

It's super windy today so testing will have to wait for now.

Jace

50cc
My battery position is always the same. But if you eyeball down my wings the stab is far from perfect. But it gets thrown in the back seat/trunk/all kinds of ungodly places! Lol

JTI

30cc
I love this plane. It makes me look good easily. I fly a lot late evenings so I broke down and dropped the $30 for the light kit.
Worth the money. Now I have flown till 10PM several nights. Gets a lot of attention when I light it up.
Switched to APC SF props and haven't had to change props all week.
I'm taking off the pants. They are always in the way.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It

Thats the same on my Crack Yak so I just leave it. I love my Crack Yak but it looks like this might be it's replacement.

alawson999

70cc twin V2
So, how was the first flights?

Impressions of this airframe relative to other TH offerings?

Got a MXS-C for an early Father's Day gift. It took me a while to build, all foamies seem to take me forever. Nevertheless she is ready to fly. I used a T-motor AT2206 1500KV (I love the little prop adapter for DD props that come with T-Motor), hitec HS45hb for ailerons, and 2 cirrus CS-5.4's on the tail feathers. I am set up for 3s, and ready to tear it up tomorrow first light.

View attachment 24387

AKfreak

150cc
Well, it flew pretty good. They say it flys good in wind, well the wind around here treated it like a leaf :). It rolls incredibly fast, it locks in to harrier pretty good, I haven't been able to make it do a knife edge spin as shown in the Cody video. Also the coupling issues (that don't exist on my Crack Laser) have me a little disappointed. It pulls to the gear (the exact same way) on both Left and Right side Knife edge passes. I might be a little spoiled with my Laser, but I will say coupling want a issue on my V1 (hand cut) TH Extra Slick.

I also tried to run a 2S setup, but with the servos located on the tail it wont allow my 350mah packs to balance the plane. It's tail heavy (packs forward on the nose) and I am using tiny servos for the elevator and rudder, so I run 3S

I am sure I will get used to the plane, however I just didn't fall in love with the MSX-C the same way I did with the Crack Laser. For me I feel the Lazer is just a better plane, with that said, I am a fairly new pilot and cant make the MSX fly like the pros can. Asking me to give a fair review isn't really fair to the plane. In Cody's video (the teaser) clearly shows it can out perform the Laser. So again, please don't take my word for it.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
[MENTION=3014]AKfreak[/MENTION] I'll be down there for another interview on Friday. Maybe I'll bring a plane this time ;)

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Thanks

Cody does lots of stuff that I can't do - maybe someday in this life or the next.

Value your initial impressions - I love my Laser too. Suspecting that some of the things you mention in the MSX-C may be "tuning" items that will come your way with a few more flights .

Got to admit I have been wondering about a Laser with the MSX-C 3S setup - Probably a bad idea, but....