• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

32" MXS-C! Backyard insanity!

hone

150cc
Had some beautiful weather this morning before work so I put some packs through the MXS-C. This is one amazing plane :)

[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5yynnhjyos[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
Man that looks so freaking awesome!

Thanks, Nate! Cody does some incredible things with EPP :)

Alsl, this is the first video I made using my mobius as a hat cam and it worked pretty good. I have to work on framing the shot a little better but overall I'm happy with my first attempt.

Last edited by a moderator:

AKfreak

150cc
Got a MXS-C for an early Father's Day gift. It took me a while to build, all foamies seem to take me forever. Nevertheless she is ready to fly. I used a T-motor AT2206 1500KV (I love the little prop adapter for DD props that come with T-Motor), hitec HS45hb for ailerons, and 2 cirrus CS-5.4's on the tail feathers. I am set up for 3s, and ready to tear it up tomorrow first light.

image.jpg

AKfreak

150cc
It flys incredibly well. I really like it. I kind of got used to 2s on the Laser, so the 3s on the MXS-C feels a little strange. I really like this plane, it doesn't drop the nose as much inverted, so I have been having a ball attempting to do rolling harriers. I can get 10 or 12 rolls until I flub the sticks. Top rudder, top rudder, top rudder, top.....

At the moment, I am developing a method to equalize the aileron deflection angles without a throw gauge. The one I have from aeroworks just isn't going to work here. I have it figured out, and it plan to make a short video of what I came up with.

AKfreak

150cc
Had some beautiful weather this morning before work so I put some packs through the MXS-C. This is one amazing plane :)

[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5yynnhjyos[/video]

Amazing video, can you post a few close ups of your setup. I am interested in the battery placement and the actual components used to build your plane. Was that video 2s as well? Looks as if you ejected a battery in the first part of your video. Man you are one smooth pilot. How long have you been flying? I love how you string so many Ives together. Is that practiced, or does it just flow naturally?

hone

150cc
Amazing video, can you post a few close ups of your setup. I am interested in the battery placement and the actual components used to build your plane. Was that video 2s as well? Looks as if you ejected a battery in the first part of your video. Man you are one smooth pilot. How long have you been flying? I love how you string so many Ives together. Is that practiced, or does it just flow naturally?

Thanks for the kind words! I've been flying for about 3 years now. After a lot of practice linking moves together I now feel like it flows naturally but I first I really had to work on linking them up.
That video was with 2s using the digital power combo. Since I went for a light weight set up I have everything as far forward as I could get it. Even the battery is located right at the nose. Since it is so far forward and I was thinking of going 3s later I simply used velcro for now.
You're right about me ejecting the battery :)

I'll try and get a few pics of the component placement later but my suggestion is get as much weight forward as possible. With the servos being closer to the tail you'll want to keep everything up front.

AKfreak

150cc
My setup is 3S, but I prefer a 2S. I cant get properly balanced plane with my 2S packs (350mah 2S). I get perfect Cg with my TP 480 3S packs. I do have a question, does your MXS-C couple in knife edge? Mine does, I guess I will check lateral balance. I know with the Laser, it was very forgiving with respect to the setup. No coupling and everything just flys perfect.

I am still chasing the setup on the MXS-C. I check CG at 3.5" and it seems perfect, I get level flight on 1 click of up elevator at 1/2 power. But when I roll inverted, the plane climbs like a bat out of hell, which means tail heavy. I am sure this is why the plan tucks to the gear in knife edge. I will figure it out, but this thing is super fun.

As far as the build, the only thing I question is the thin piece of pine as the main spar. I know they did that in the Slick-O, but I would of expected Carbon with stiffeners like the Laser.

I look forward to your setup images, and I look forward to flying 1/2 as good as you in a another 2.5 years (that when I will have 3 years in ;)