• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

32" MXS-C! Backyard insanity!

AKfreak

150cc
I think a 3s on a laser will be too much. It will flutter badly. In some of the full throttle downlines on a 2S it looks way violent. I can see the wings flex and the rudder & elevator is floping about. I am suprised I haven stripped gears. Its a testament to TH servos, becuase I have beat the hell out of this plane (not by crashes).

Time will tell if I tune the MSX-C into my liking. The Laser was instant bliss for me.

AKfreak

150cc
I set my MXS-C up on 2S and after some KE mixing I like this plane much much better. That explosive power is gone, but to me the plane feel more locked in. It is most likely my skill level, because on 3S things happen very quickly and I cant keep up sometimes. Also full power down lines on 3S will bow and flex the plane severely. During a blender attempt, if you roll the plane in the down line (full power) it does this weird out of control accelerated fluttering leaf fall (looks very strange). I thought I was adding in elevator by accident, so I tried it three times all with the same result. With 1/4 to 1/2 power this doesn't happen (and nope this isn't from KE mixing;) )

That Laser really spoiled me, I prefer it to the MXS-C so far. I have 50 or flights on the MXS-C and I think it is a nice plane, but I would love to see a New version of the Laser in the heavy weight EPP. All I can say is to each his own, and this plane may grow on me so I haven't given up yet/

AKfreak

150cc
If they built a full weight laser, il buy it the first day. Also I would prefer the servos not in the tail, and a CF soar with the wood cross pieces like the lite laser has. Cody, are u listening? :)

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Yep - I'd buy one of those too.

I am not sure I am as bold as you are AK - One flutter on a full throttle downline would probably be enough for me

;-)

AKfreak

150cc
It didn't really flutter, it just didn't roll at all, it went sideways , the flipped and went sideways, repeat repeat repeat. It fell in a zig zag sideways back and forth motion. The strangest thing I ever saw in a plane. I did it 3 or 4 different times, so I know it wasn't a fluke. If I back off the throttle the plane will roll in a fast downline. Full throttle on, 3S it will not roll, it does the funky fish. At least here in Las Vegas ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of these on the way. Got the digital power combo for it, so no more playing with different motors. I have had good experience with my motrolflys on the yak and pitts, but this was the easy button. For me I prefer the Yak, so I think this will work for me. My laser is also poorly powered with a Hacker I took off my Deplox. I had the smaller motrolfly and was the only motor of theirs to underperform. I have a Cobra motor laying around I ordered to upgrade and it and never got around to it.

hone

150cc
Ordered some LEDs, 8" GWS DD props, and 3s 450s from twisted. My only 3s packs are beat so I needed some fresh ones.