• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

150-200cc Extra 300SP

Thank you for sharing the photos.
I am not sure how much flight characteristics these mods might change, but it will no longer be a 300SP: the SP has no counterbalance on elevators or ailerons.
I know but looking at the aircraft it looks like the 330 sc which I happen to like more and just wanted a little something different. I was planning to hinge the ailerons in a more scale like appearance like I did the elevators but that would have been to much redesign so I drifted away from that idea.

Eganwp

New to GSN!
Well I just couldn't resist. Just too nice a plane not to own one, and been wanting one for a long time. Picked up a 42% Extra 300SP last week. :mario-banana:Got a great deal on it from a friend and it's nearly brand new, so couldn't resist. I do need a new canopy tho as it's shrunk quite a bit and has a crack, new wheel pants, and some of the control horn hardware is broken & some missing, so I'll have to get in touch with Herve at some point. Ken (from PAU) was the one to totally push me over the edge into getting one when we hung out together at the last huckfest. Thanks Ken! ;)

So excited! This is my first 40%+ plane and will be my IMAC ship for next season. Already have most of the gear for it and a 3W 157CS on cans mounted. Still debating if it's worth swapping over to a GP 176EVO though. I doubt this bird needs all that juice as it's a pretty lightweight plane & setup, but more power is always more fun imo, especially at my high altitude. Decisions, decisions! :p

Travis

Last edited:
Well I just couldn't resist. Just too nice a plane not to own one, and been wanting one for a long time. Picked up a 42% Extra 300SP last week. :mario-banana:Got a great deal on it from a friend and it's nearly brand new, so couldn't resist. I do need a new canopy tho as it's shrunk quite a bit and has a crack, new wheel pants, and some of the control horn hardware is broken & some missing, so I'll have to get in touch with Herve at some point. Ken (from PAU) was the one to totally push me over the edge into getting one when we hung out together at the last huckfest. Thanks Ken! ;)

So excited! This is my first 40%+ plane and will be my IMAC ship for next season. Already have most of the gear for it and a 3W 157CS on cans mounted. Still debating if it's worth swapping over to a GP 176EVO though. I doubt this bird needs all that juice as it's a pretty lightweight plane & setup, but more power is always more fun imo, especially at my high altitude. Decisions, decisions! :p

Travis
I have both wings, elevators, and canopy that can be sold. On my 3rd prop failure I was not able to make it back to the runway and pancaked the plane in. Landing gear went straight up into the fuse. I am going to get the Dalton/PAU extra I think to replace this plane. I will also have a brand new GP176 coming from Fergus in a few weeks also going up for sale. I plan on going 4cyl with the new plane.

Fuse has been thrown out. I pulled the rudder out of fuse. Hinges can be drilled out if needed. With the exception of a small cut in one wing where it slides into thw wing pocket everything is perfect. One wing has been recovered though. OE covering blew off.

Hoping this will supply enough cooling over the fins. first time running a 4 cylinder. Very similar to what I've seen posted by others. Also thought I'd show my scheme in red too. Was really considering it but I've had red planes before and I'm a Pittsburgh Steelers fan so I went with the yellow and black.
20150328_182201.jpg
IMG_4361 red.jpg