• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

BalsaDust

A friend of mine has a built Shelby GT500 with 800 HP. It sounds awesome. But I think @cbarnes0061 's cammed up Fox sounds even better.

Yeah don't get me wrong big blocks sound good but nothing like a rev happy small block and it's gotta be a pushrod motor. My dad has a 03 cobra pushing 650 to the tires and it sounds awesome but for some reason those overhead cam motors just don't sound as good.

Rooman

30cc
720 hp Scan0001.jpg
9.26 @ 148 in street trim - 1980

sweetpea

100cc
Finally!!!!!

Spent last couple days cleaning and organizing. It's closer but not done.

PAU ultimate is on the table. Removed and fixed the bent cabane. Putting it back won't be fun. I'm also getting my list for the viper. Excited to put that together

thurmma

150cc

Between Friday night and all day Saturday I managed to get the DLE170 back on the Edge and running! I installed dual 32oz 4titude tanks and an EQ6 also. The DLE runs great! I did a little bit of baffling up front to get it running andI will say that just redirecting the air to the center of the cylinders made a ton of difference in temps! Can't wait to get the rest of the baffling in place and see just what it will do.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp

Between Friday night and all day Saturday I managed to get the DLE170 back on the Edge and running! I installed dual 32oz 4titude tanks and an EQ6 also. The DLE runs great! I did a little bit of baffling up front to get it running andI will say that just redirecting the air to the center of the cylinders made a ton of difference in temps! Can't wait to get the rest of the baffling in place and see just what it will do.
Nice!

After watching your video and I saw this on the same page and it just made me laugh so I had to post it.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well got the last parts of the plane in the vacuum bag today all looks good. It surprised me how long it took me to get it into the bag again. One thing I did learn this time is start a new batch of epoxy and new roller for every bag you use.
This is the fourth plane I am doing and every time I learn something. Anyway I must say thanks to all for helping me into vacuum bagging.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 189

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Busy day around the house and shop. Weather was warm today but too windy to fly. So the first thing I did was to finish up the cold frame I started last week.

image.jpg

It hinges open. And once it warms up for good this season all I have to do is knock out the hinge pins and the whole thing will lift off.

image.jpg