• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Once that was done I got back to work on the Flite Test Storch.

Here you can see the carbon fiber reinforcements I added to the power pod. This should greatly improve the life and durability of the pod.

image.jpg

Also added some carbon on the inside of the fuse.

image.jpg

image.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!

Between Friday night and all day Saturday I managed to get the DLE170 back on the Edge and running! I installed dual 32oz 4titude tanks and an EQ6 also. The DLE runs great! I did a little bit of baffling up front to get it running andI will say that just redirecting the air to the center of the cylinders made a ton of difference in temps! Can't wait to get the rest of the baffling in place and see just what it will do.
:woohoo!::woohoo!::woohoo!::woohoo!::woohoo!::woohoo!::woohoo!::woohoo!::woohoo!:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I was much less productive than the rest of you. I did "NOTHING" today. Well, except flip the Yak upside down to get to the headers. Measured and sized up the custom exhaust adapters soon to be designed. I am excited again. YAY!!!!:laughing:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Some people have had problems with the foam crushing around the wing saddle. My method to address this was to split a paint stick long ways. Then I drilled a couple holes in each one so I could slide them over the rubber band pins. Then glued them on. I also ditched the bamboo skewers and replace them with carbon rod. I was afraid the skewers might snap off it I got over zealous with the rubber bands.

image.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Some people have had problems with the foam crushing around the wing saddle. My method to address this was to split a paint stick long ways. Then I drilled a couple holes in each one so I could slide them over the rubber band pins. Then glued them on. I also ditched the bamboo skewers and replace them with carbon rod. I was afraid the skewers might snap off it I got over zealous with the rubber bands.

View attachment 51711
What a great idea. :way_to_go:

Robotech

70cc twin V2
The paint had a bit of an orange peel look so I lightly sanded the cowl halves and canopy this afternoon. I mixed 4 Oz. of paint and went a little slower for the third coat and the finish is a high gloss now. Cam mentioned that it would take about four coats to get a perfect match with the Missile Red Monokote and that is turning out to be about right though it matches pretty well even now with three coats.

20160228_211742.jpg
20160228_211818.jpg
20160228_211827.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The paint had a bit of an orange peel look so I lightly sanded the cowl halves and canopy this afternoon. I mixed 4 Oz. of paint and went a little slower for the third coat and the finish is a high gloss now. Cam mentioned that it would take about four coats to get a perfect match with the Missile Red Monokote and that is turning out to be about right though it matches pretty well even now with three coats.

View attachment 51716 View attachment 51717 View attachment 51718
WOW!!!! That is just absolutely BAD ASS!!! I like!!!!:yesss: