• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Pulled the broken header out of my EF 88 Edge. I believe using two cannister mounts caused the break, and I should switch to a single mount. Any opinions?
20151004_142754.jpg
20151004_142943.jpg

Alky6

150cc
With no baffling, yes. Also, had problems getting jetting correct and cylinders running very uneven. Originally, I just directed the flow over the cylinders and then they ran even and was able to reliably jet it. On long uplines, it does get warm however. Gettng in-air temps climbing up to 320-330 (depending upon ambient) on really long uplines (just flying around about 260F). Measured at the back of the cylinder near the top. Been wanting to try defelcting air around the cylinder to see what happens. Engine seems to be ok at those temps, but would like to keep them a little lower, especially in higher ambient temps.

emtp275

100cc
Pulled the broken header out of my EF 88 Edge. I believe using two cannister mounts caused the break, and I should switch to a single mount. Any opinions? View attachment 42518 View attachment 42519
I use two mounts in mine with no issues, I do make sure to mount the pipe so that the header lines up with the exhaust port and I can run the bolts in by finger. The only header I broke was due to a cheep spinner striking the prop and busting it I flew a circuit to final not knowing the prop was trash and the vibration got the cheep DLE flex header

emtp275

100cc
Crappy week so far with rain, I got a chance to finish the Smoke on the 104 and test it between showers, Hehe the house next door was covered Im sure they were happy, I cleaned her up waxed her and put the cowl back on so its ready for HOW, Also replaced the throttle servo in my 91 yak had a dead stick from a burned out servo the last time out, now on to a night racer for HOW lol busy day but made the best of bad weather. Not much flying with rain and 25mph winds.
Smoke On.JPG Smoke on 2.JPG

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Worked on servos......worked on servos....worked on servos some more......Ugh.....installed servos.......installed more servos......
forgot to grease new gears.....removed servos......removed more servos.........disassembled servos some more:face-palm:.