• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Alky6

150cc
So I am super stoked! The new baffling worked great! :fist_pump:Snuck out for noon fly (actually, three of them) of the EF 78 Extra with the VVRC 40. Peak temps on really long uplines were 302F with ambient of 87F (first flight was 298 peak). Normal flying ranged from 241-274F. Landing approach was 234F. Haven't seen temps anywhere that low. In addition, the exit conditions are much smaller. I went back to less intrusive exits that I didn't have good luck with previously. Well worth the time to get it done. Looking in there as best I can without pulling the cowl, the baffling looks to be holding up pretty well.

image.jpg
image.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
So I am super stoked! The new baffling worked great! :fist_pump:Snuck out for noon fly (actually, three of them) of the EF 78 Extra with the VVRC 40. Peak temps on really long uplines were 302F with ambient of 87F (first flight was 298 peak). Normal flying ranged from 241-274F. Landing approach was 234F. Haven't seen temps anywhere that low. In addition, the exit conditions are much smaller. I went back to less intrusive exits that I didn't have good luck with previously. Well worth the time to get it done. Looking in there as best I can without pulling the cowl, the baffling looks to be holding up pretty well.

View attachment 42653 View attachment 42654

Hands down the "best"ducting method for "non round cowls"........And you don't have to gut the bottom of your plane!!!
Great Job! BZ.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Look forward to hearing your thoughts on that one. Looking for a 3s play toy.

Will do, but this one has been stuffed in the back of the line for now. There are a couple of airplanes ahead of it :eek::oblong::D

First impressions.... The 3D printed covering is pretty neat and leaves a nearly seamless appearance. All kit components arrived in tact and are all nearly perfect.

pawnshopmike

Staff member

View attachment 42653 View attachment 42654

Glad to hear it worked out. Fine job!:way_to_go:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Awful quiet around here today.....

I ordered the motor for the 44" Slick today. Found out about an all electric event a couple hours north of me that is going on the 23-25th this month, so I guess this project just got pushed to the front of the table. Going to use HS-65MG's, just need to put new gearsets in them and I'll be ready to go. Have everything but the motor.