• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
This afternoon @Decal Dennis and I took a little road trip to pick up my SR9 Stinson from Redwing RC. I opted for Redwing's build service so we went by Bob "The Builder" Schepple's house to pick it up. As soon as we got it home, the modifications began!

First thing we did was pull the cowl so we could get at the DLE 40 Twin. After that I mostly watched as Decal Dennis got straight to business. First thing he did was pop in a set of Bowman rings. Next was the reed block mod. After that Dennis started tidying up the wiring.

Stay tuned!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

BalsaDust

I have been meaning to do the reed block mod to both of my DLE 55's but never have gotten around to it and from what I have been reading no one will be doing bowman rings any longer. That plane sure is pretty.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
This afternoon @Decal Dennis and I took a little road trip to pick up my SR9 Stinson from Redwing RC. I opted for Redwing's build service so we went by Bob "The Builder" Schepple's house to pick it up. As soon as we got it home, the modifications began!

First thing we did was pull the cowl so we could get at the DLE 40 Twin. After that I mostly watched as Decal Dennis got straight to business. First thing he did was pop in a set of Bowman rings. Next was the reed block mod. After that Dennis started tidying up the wiring.

Stay tuned!

View attachment 42486 View attachment 42487 View attachment 42488 View attachment 42489
How well does the twin fit inside the cowl?