• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The stick bangers thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I understand that and I am fine with that. I am content with my AW freestyle 260 30cc plane right now and if your willing to pay a bit you can get a nice flyer in the 30cc range it seems. I know it's not as good as 100cc size frame but I'm lovin mine for what it is. Seems capable of all the maneuvers in the book, except for the fact that it all happens faster.

I have a 30cc Edge as well that I use a YS 4 banger in it. Yes.... the respond time you have is short lived.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Thanks guys, im running a falcon 29x9.

As for Johnathons flying, I've had the pleasure of seeing him at a few fly ins. He flat out flies the doodoo out of those aero works planes! Sam Swink does as well, both fun to watch....I hope to fly half as good as those guys when I grow up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well now that I am all grown up I will have to be satisfied watching the "young'ns" bang it out. I have learned a few things and the most important to me is......"Don't be an idiot with a big expensive plane" "Be an idiot with your buddies expensive plane!":LOL_gif:

Seriously, I really don't aspire to have "ultimate skills" but like others always looking to improve "the game" that I so much enjoy.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
The biggest thing that I think has helped me is somewhat calculated practice (and I'm no pro and don't aspire to be one like dimes said). By calculated practice I mean to make a list of certain things that you want to become proficient at and focus on one or two of them for several weeks. For me, one Winter I decided to practice harriers on the sim. I set up a heavy plane that flew well on there just for harriers, and after a few weeks in Spring I was dragging my rudder all over. Next was rollers and being able to steer them around in a controlled way. Next was rolling loops and circles, etc.

At least for me I found that without trying to perfect everything at once I got better much more quickly.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
The biggest thing that I think has helped me is somewhat calculated practice (and I'm no pro and don't aspire to be one like dimes said). By calculated practice I mean to make a list of certain things that you want to become proficient at and focus on one or two of them for several weeks. For me, one Winter I decided to practice harriers on the sim. I set up a heavy plane that flew well on there just for harriers, and after a few weeks in Spring I was dragging my rudder all over. Next was rollers and being able to steer them around in a controlled way. Next was rolling loops and circles, etc.

At least for me I found that without trying to perfect everything at once I got better much more quickly.

+1 to this strategy. It works and works well!

But it takes lots of discipline and dedication. Every time I tell myself I'm going to practice this one trick over and over till I nail it, I usually give up after 3 or 4 tries and finish out the flight just clowning around. Someday I'll buckle down and get serious. Definitely.......maybe.:p