• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

I was all 3DHS and Horizon for a long time. I was running 8s 4000s in my 30cc planes just so I could eventually run 1 4s 4000 in smaller stuff. Right about this time the EF 60" Edge came out and I bought the yellow and blue one (Michigan colors). I was impressed with how quick it built, how rugged it was, and how well it flew. I stuck with 3DHS still though, and sold that plane due to it's scheme being very hard to see on overcast days. What sold me on EF was my experience with their 48" planes, especially the little laser. My current fleet is balanced between the two companies. I have had better luck with parts and landing gear issues with EF. Both companies have outstanding flying planes.

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Haha... not to mention... I hear they answer the phone ;)

I hear you guys mention that alot on this forum! They mention it alot on GiantScaleNews too. Try to stick to the facts of what makes other companies great instead of the passive aggressive jabs at the one who you hear doesn't answer the phone! That argument is quite old.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I hear you guys mention that alot on this forum! They mention it alot on GiantScaleNews too. Try to stick to the facts of what makes other companies great instead of the passive aggressive jabs at the one who you hear doesn't answer the phone! That argument is quite old.

Who is "you guys"? That's a very vague generalization...

Old topic or not, current events/practices occasionally highlight areas for a company's improvement. In the case of 3dhs, they are hard to reach by phone. That is a valid observation and members here a free to discuss their experiences with that.

What separates this forum from others is the mature manner in which our members discuss things and treat each other.

So by the way, heard you sold all your 3D stuff to move into FPV?

ryan_m

100cc
How is that old? Does 3dhs answer the phone? I can say from my personal experience that 4 out the 5 emails I have sent about various things went completely unanswered. Tried calling, called approximately 30 times at different times of the day over a period of two weeks and never got ahold of anybody. There is a reason it is said a lot on the forums... At least for many people. Maybe not for the select elite that seem to be able to get answers to emails, and to phone calls. But for me - extremely hard to get ahold of anybody.
I don't have this problem with Extreme Flight. My money mostly all goes there now as a result.

One might think that 3dhs would want to know what people's major complaints are about the company so that they could improve them. It seems that they don't care to do that. I understand trying to praise the good things about a company rather than slamming the bad ones about a different company, but there is something to be said for pointing out the specific flaws as well. I don't like people that say "so and so sucks" but have no reason why, they are just regurgitating something someone else said with no personal experience. My opinions are founded on my personal experiences and that of my close friends whose opinions I trust. And the only things I like to repeat publicly are the things that I know to be true.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
How is that old? Does 3dhs answer the phone? I can say from my personal experience that 4 out the 5 emails I have sent about various things went completely unanswered. Tried calling, called approximately 30 times at different times of the day over a period of two weeks and never got ahold of anybody. There is a reason it is said a lot on the forums... At least for many people. Maybe not for the select elite that seem to be able to get answers to emails, and to phone calls. But for me - extremely hard to get ahold of anybody.
I don't have this problem with Extreme Flight. My money mostly all goes there now as a result.

One might think that 3dhs would want to know what people's major complaints are about the company so that they could improve them. It seems that they don't care to do that. I understand trying to praise the good things about a company rather than slamming the bad ones about a different company, but there is something to be said for pointing out the specific flaws as well. I don't like people that say "so and so sucks" but have no reason why, they are just regurgitating something someone else said with no personal experience. My opinions are founded on my personal experiences and that of my close friends whose opinions I trust. And the only things I like to repeat publicly are the things that I know to be true.
[MENTION=37]Santi8[/MENTION] long time BTW. Hope all is well.
He does defend his comment here and after all this is the "discuss anything" thread, the electronic "soap box" so to speak of the forum. As long as the negativism is focused and has a goal of improvement in service and is placed in one spot rather than throughout the entire forum then have a vent, back it up by facts, generate a few replies and we move on. I was once sensitive to the negative comments but for the most part I see it as feedback to help others avoid similar problems. There are "cheer leading" threads for each manufacturer also if that's what you want to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Santi8

70cc twin V2
I'm not a cheer leader and im not even saying the comment isn't warranted. I'm annoyed that it's a consistent thing to see those associated with the forum at a business level constantly passive aggressively throw the same arguments in there. I have no issues with people mentioning their issues, I completely agree that ef has way better customer service! I've owned numerous planes from both! I just don't think the moderators, owners, and ambassadors should be the ones bringing it up all the time. Stay neutral and leave the bias out of it. I like the fact that 3drcf is pushing new products like aerobeez and redwing, and getting new young pilots sponsored by such, but I'm not a fan of personal beef making its way to a forum through an owner or associates. Just my opinion. No bad blood intended, it just got annoying seeing it over and over. There's so much positive on this forum, I just don't like seeing what I've mentioned. Fg is a forum that hates on certain brands and groups, not this place.

And yes Gary, I sold a good chunk of my planes, but not with intentions of getting out of 3d, buy yes I am dabbling in fpv as well. I just didn't have the free time to get the 89 to the field and I hated seeing it just sit there!

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I'm not a cheer leader and im not even saying the comment isn't warranted. I'm annoyed that it's a consistent thing to see those associated with the forum at a business level constantly passive aggressively throw the same arguments in there. I have no issues with people mentioning their issues, I completely agree that ef has way better customer service! I've owned numerous planes from both! I just don't think the moderators, owners, and ambassadors should be the ones bringing it up all the time. Stay neutral and leave the bias out of it. I like the fact that 3drcf is pushing new products like aerobeez and redwing, and getting new young pilots sponsored by such, but I'm not a fan of personal beef making its way to a forum through an owner or associates. Just my opinion. No bad blood intended, it just got annoying seeing it over and over. There's so much positive on this forum, I just don't like seeing what I've mentioned. Fg is a forum that hates on certain brands and groups, not this place.

And yes Gary, I sold a good chunk of my planes, but not with intentions of getting out of 3d, buy yes I am dabbling in fpv as well. I just didn't have the free time to get the 89 to the field and I hated seeing it just sit there!

Josh, your comments are warranted also and I agree. Wasn't calling "you" a cheerleader just saying there's a place for that just like a place for vents. I try to keep it to hobby promotion these days and leave the vents and feedback to the subscribers. We are all guilty of getting carried away on the "keypad pulpit" once in a while. Downside of relative anonymity! Be well, fly often, have fun.