• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I have friends at 3 or 4 different clubs around the SF bay area and something like that would be great. I love flying with different people so going to different clubs is always fun.

Amen! Funny how some (fortunately a small and shrinking group) would rather be alone. Big fish small pond, can't play well with others? I don't know- strange. When I watch the boys up in the PNW I say "they know how to enjoy this hobby". Fun, safe, laughs and some damn good flying. What's not to like?

We need a facility large enough to support a big club. Pavement, club house, charging, maybe crossing runways like I have seen at a few clubs so you can always fly into the wind. Something like the field of dreams. Build it and they will come.

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

We need a facility large enough to support a big club. Pavement, club house, charging, maybe crossing runways like I have seen at a few clubs so you can always fly into the wind. Something like the field of dream. Build it and they will come.

Looking for that elusive free 50 acres of flat land without trees or neighbors north of Georgia and east of Kansas! Oh, then the conglomeration of home builders, contractors, electricians and excavators willing to donate time and materials who all happen to be addicted to this crazy hobby like us! There must be a place, somewhere over the rainbow maybe.

aronph

70cc twin V2
If you live in a state that doesn't have random dead end streets or beanfeilds or whatever you live in the wrong state. If you cant get a CCW in your state, you live in the wrong state. If you cant own an AR-15 in your state, you live in the wrong state.

dth7

If you live in a state that doesn't have random dead end streets or beanfeilds or whatever you live in the wrong state. If you cant get a CCW in your state, you live in the wrong state. If you cant own an AR-15 in your state, you live in the wrong state.

Long live the militia brother! There are many great reasons to live up here but free range land ain't one of them!

We can have lots of ARs and pretty liberal gun laws for New England. Looking at all of our local clubs, none of them yet can be developed into a first class facility for one reason or another. Daren's club has the most promise, both in location, noise tolerance, and area. Within 30 miles of me that are literally 9 AMA clubs. If you go out to 40 miles I think I capture 3 or 4 more.

dth7

We can have lots of ARs and pretty liberal gun laws for New England. Looking at all of our local clubs, none of them yet can be developed into a first class facility for one reason or another. Daren's club has the most promise, both in location, noise tolerance, and area. Within 30 miles of me that are literally 9 AMA clubs. If you go out to 40 miles I think I capture 3 or 4 more.

One of our fields is a drag way and is across the street from the Sig Sauer academy! Sounds like Armageddon sometimes. We are very conscious of maintaining a good relationship with our "host". Our other big venue is a GA airport in MA that has allowed us to start a club. This has good potential also.