• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

SnowDog

I've been trying to find a Swedish Chef to pilot my 72" Extra, but they're all too big and/or expensive vintage dolls. I would LOVE to have him as my pilot!

You got me thinking...our club web site received this message just yesterday:

This is an enquiry email via http://www.coleagles.com/ from:
George <george@3dfigureworks.com>

Hello,

I wanted to introduce my company, 3D FigureWorks. We specialize in reproducing you as a miniature figurine. With our 3D technology, it is now possible to make you the pilot of your R/C airplane. For more information, you can check us out online at www.3dfigureworks.com.

If this is something your members would be interested in, you can contact me anytime to discuss the details.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

It looks like you can send them a picture and they will send you a 3D model. I don't know anything about this company, but it might be something for someone to investigate.
Again, just to be clear: I am not endorsing this website, just letting you know about it.
If someone does investigate, please report back and let us know what you found!

Hmmmm... I have doubts about a company that works with imaging products and then their website has nothing but super low res images of their product.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I recently heard that they made a lot of changes to improve quality and prodcution, and that these changes were all incorportated with the new Talon series and subsquent series in late stage development.

-G

Only time will tell. I say they added the Talon because all of their excuses were used up. This also may be a lets re-package it and try again because they had to.

-DJO

70cc twin V2
I just ordered the Futaba 8J. Not bad, I got it for $270 shipped with the receiver included. I'll tell you how it is when I get it, I'm really excited. I figured that I should just go with something good, the 6J kind of lacked in capability. Either way, I think I'll be very happy with it.

:)

Dan

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just ordered the Futaba 8J. Not bad, I got it for $270 shipped with the receiver included. I'll tell you how it is when I get it, I'm really excited. I figured that I should just go with something good, the 6J kind of lacked in capability. Either way, I think I'll be very happy with it.

Dan

congrats Dan! You should do a mini review on it! Since it's your first futaba, you're not biased yet. Also, a compare/contrast of the differences with spektrum might prove helpful to many.

-G

-DJO

70cc twin V2
congrats Dan! You should do a mini review on it! Since it's your first futaba, you're not biased yet. Also, a compare/contrast of the differences with spektrum might prove helpful to many.

-G

Great minds think alike, because that's exactly what I was thinking!

I had to close a thread down on the other forum though, because I was getting a lot of hate for not purchasing a 8FG or JR 9303! (in the sailplane forum :() oh well, I think my glider will fly fine... LOL sometimes people take this hobby WAY too seriously!

(I'm getting back into DLGs soon, hopefully)

Dan

-DJO

70cc twin V2

-G

Well... actually I'm not biased, but I am expecting quite a bit upon getting it based on what you guys have said about Futaba in general. I'll try to get an unboxing video :)

Dan