• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
Good deal! I just got mine back into flying shape today. I've spun it up several times with no blades, everything seems to be kosher. Hopefully that holds true in the air! :)

Sweet, I'm sure everything will be fine:)..It was sort of a WTF?! moment for me when I saw the bottom of the clutch bell just sitting inside the fan shroud, then it was kinda funny because I have never seen that happen before.

wedoitall

Well I accomplished a first ever today. Broke the Clutch bell on my Aurora(in flight) :banghead:, not really sure how that happened; but I do know Avant will be getting a call from me next week :)

View attachment 5084View attachment 5085

i had the same thing happen on my HPI 1/5 scale baja. mine was bad "welds" looked just like what happen to yours. the bell was just hanging and randoming spinning until i shut the motor down.

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
i had the same thing happen on my HPI 1/5 scale baja. mine was bad "welds" looked just like what happen to yours. the bell was just hanging and randoming spinning until i shut the motor down.

Exactly!...Only it is alittle more scary when it happens in flight(inverted)

wedoitall

i can ask around. i know quite a few car guys. im getting out of cars completely. getting ready to sell my last 1/5 scale baja, the one i have about $3000 sunk in. Im sure i wont get even close to that amount out of it.

since i started flying 4 1/2 months ago, i havent even pulled a rope on any of them. i really liked my bajas, but they werent all that fun to run by myself. i had like acre size track in my backyard with jumps, woops, doubles etc. but still wasnt all that much fun, unless i had some buddys over to race.

I can have a blast all day long flying alone tho. i have buddys that fly but I think their wives keep them from flying alot. They dont fly 3d, i got my boss and another buddy into TH epp planes. But i think they already got discouraged alil. They cant seem to understand you cant learn to hover the 2nd or 3rd time you try. They have been flying for years, but i would say in almost 5 months i have more flight time than what they do.

quadracer

100cc
I have an HPI Savage? It's sort of close to a truggy.:)
I saw your ad, but it was closed, so I assumed it had sold. Is it brushed or brushless? I want something capable of at least 70 mph. :D

I'm gonna build a small dirt bike/rc track behind the house this spring. I'll have a tractor with a bucket here for building my garage, so I'm gonna use it for fun time too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

zmonster97

I saw your ad, but it was closed, so I assumed it had sold. Is it brushed or brushless? I want something capable of at least 70 mph. :D

I'm gonna build a small dirt bike/rc track behind the house this spring. I'll have a tractor with a bucket here for building my garage, so I'm gonna use it for fun time too. :)

My ad was for my HPI Blitz, which I did sell. I also have an HPI Savage 25 (glow), which is what I'm talking about now. The savage is a monster truck by the way.