• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

quadracer

100cc
The 3DRCForums -OFF TOPIC- Thread

I've got some salvageable parts from my red 70, if anyone wants them. I can cut the tail open and get the tail feathers out for shipping.
-rudder
-elevator (left side counterbalance has been repaired by PO)
-horizontal stab
-right wing/aileron
-wing tube
-tail wheel assembly
-cowl (has been cut, I will take pics if you're interested)

ryan_m

100cc
Thanks Ryan, I'd love the Velox but I'm running a DLE30, and that's a little more engine than ideal for the Velox. Great comparison between the two frames, but I gotta say, I'm more a fan of the Extra's scheme than the new Slicks. Who knows what I'll end up with. One thing is sure; no matter what I get, it WILL be a 3DHS plane. :)

on a dle-30 you would be happy with either one I think. If you find a deal on the Extra go for it!

quadracer

100cc

Anyone wanna take a shot at a Super Bowl prediction? I'm picking Houston to finally make it there this season, to play against San Francisco.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Anyone wanna take a shot at a Super Bowl prediction? I'm picking Houston to finally make it there this season, to play against San Francisco.

If you ask Snowdog, he'll tell you Ditka will be hosting the Lombardi trophy with da Bears... but personally, I always root for the Raiders. I don't think they'll win, but I'll still root for 'em.

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
I've got some salvageable parts from my red 70, if anyone wants them. I can cut the tail open and get the tail feathers out for shipping.
-rudder
-elevator (left side counterbalance has been repaired by PO)
-horizontal stab
-right wing/aileron
-wing tube
-tail wheel assembly
-cowl (has been cut, I will take pics if you're interested)

I could use the wing tube :) or are you asking $ for shipping?

quadracer

100cc

SteveT already called dibs on the tube. RCaddict, send me a pm, that way I can keep track of who gets what, in order.

Taking a ride in 1942 biplane tomorrow. Looked online, and I'm pretty sure it's a Stearman. I'll have the GoPro on board for that! I'm debating whether the extra $79 for a loop, barrel roll, and a wing over are worth it.

SteveT.

100cc
SteveT already called dibs on the tube. RCaddict, send me a pm, that way I can keep track of who gets what, in order.

Taking a ride in 1942 biplane tomorrow. Looked online, and I'm pretty sure it's a Stearman. I'll have the GoPro on board for that! I'm debating whether the extra $79 for a loop, barrel roll, and a wing over are worth it.

They charge extra for those??? Never heard of that....

Anyway.....enjoy.....my first ride in a plane was in a Stearman PT-17...A friend of my dads bought three WW ll surplus ones, right after WW ll, and took the best parts, and built one, the second best parts and built another, and the rest of the parts are still in a barn in Green Valley, Illinois. Along with about 2/3 of a PT-19....
The "secondary" plane was sold, and the guy flew the best one for many years, then sold it to a crop duster who was too stupid to listen when told,,,,this is not a crop duster and doesn't have a larger engine in it, so don't "horse" it off of the ground. When he got in the plane, and went to take off from the field where it was kept, he got the tail up and jerked back on the stick. The plane pull off the ground almost straight up, rolled on it's back and crashed, destroying the plane, and putting him in the hospital for eight months....

SteveT

Last edited by a moderator: