• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Yes, it would!!

And....the next time you think that a model you want is expensive.....check out this Storch kit, that I would seriously maim (wouldn't kill) to have!!! The 1/3 scale is $9250.00.....and even the 1/4 scale is $4295.00.....but man are they gorgeous!!

SteveT

This one is quite pricey too. Skip Stewarts new P3 design. One model currently in flight testing, parts to make the molds for the full scale in progress. The model's price tag is $7500!!! All composite, but still, $7500!?! I think I'll just fly Skip's when I go up to Tennessee. Very awesome project, though. Can't wait to see the full scale in airshow action.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.2150612882025.2099202.1147450735&type=1
http://www.weimo.nl/nieuws/49/Weimo_developing_scale_prototype_of_Skip_Stewarts_new_biplane/

SteveT.

100cc
I personally do not really care for the looks of the P-3...Reminds me a bit too much of the "fantasy" R-3 Gee Bee, which to me looks like a fish....but....YMMV.....it's just my likes and dislikes...

SteveT

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
I have a bit of a situation. My club field is in a state park, and the manager requires us to help out with stuff around the park. (The jerk basically blackmails us. If we don't meet requirements, then we lose the field.) Well this time, he wants us to bag the deer that the hunters shoot during the "annual deer hunt". So, basically we have to walk for miless, picking up dead deer that the hunters are to lazy to pick up themselves. Ughh.

3dplank

70cc twin V2
Re: The 3DRCForums -OFF TOPIC- Thread

I have a bit of a situation. My club field is in a state park, and the manager requires us to help out with stuff around the park. (The jerk basically blackmails us. If we don't meet requirements, then we lose the field.) Well this time, he wants us to bag the deer that the hunters shoot during the "annual deer hunt". So, basically we have to walk for miless, picking up dead deer that the hunters are to lazy to pick up themselves. Ughh.

Get the tenderloins from the deer. Yummy.

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
We only get a share of venison if the hunters choose to give it to us. Also another thing- the park is crawling with ticks. If we so much as bump into the deer with more than our gloved hands we will probably get a crapload of ticks.

G.P.

70cc twin V2
Those sure are some lazy hunters. And what's the point of a State Park if they allow hunting in it? Guess your parks are more relaxed with the rules than the ones in Canada.

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Man I really wanna fly! I tested my 36" EPP wing with a KFM2 airfoil in the backyard and it kicks ass! Flew perfectly! Aw man I'm so happy! First scratchbuild I have done that has flown decently. Its got the crack yak motor, ESC, and batteries and two 13g servos that I got at the LHS today. :D its fast even on the 1450kv motor with a 9x4.7 prop. I can't wait to stick an 8x6 on it hehehe

Not sure about the details of that situation, but I really hope that anyone who is in the woods to hunt has the decency to make a clean kill and not waste the meat, especially something like venison. I am a hunter myself and used to live in the NOVA area. That place is overrun with deer, but even if they do not want to mess with their kill I bet there is a food bank that is happy to accept the meat.