• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

gyro

GSN Contributor
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394726272.936803.jpg

Ryan really doesn't like this plane... He's so incredibly abusive with it

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Hehe... nothing like abusing a slick... is that a 51" I always abused mine... full throttle downline tumbles and blenders etc. Loved that plane. I finally broke mine doing a low high speed pass and had a prop strike.

I flew to PIT yesterday, so I got a double dose of this particular storm. We might get to fly off the frozen lake on Saturday if the forecast holds. Darn this job that keeps me up here. At least it funds my hobby.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I flew to PIT yesterday, so I got a double dose of this particular storm. We might get to fly off the frozen lake on Saturday if the forecast holds. Darn this job that keeps me up here. At least it funds my hobby.

I was going to do some building today but I had to break up an ice dam under a sky light that started leaking. This is the "question our decision to live here" season. It will be followed from May- Oct by the "this is why" season.

ryan_m

100cc
View attachment 21866

Ryan really doesn't like this plane... He's so incredibly abusive with it

Similar picture from my first slick several years ago at a different local field. That Slick has long moved on, this one won't live much longer! ;)
I was even wearing the same shirt it seems... might be time to retire that shirt :)

All the gear from this Slick will go into the upcoming 56" Laser from aj-aircraft when I finally manage to smash it into the ground.

Slick51_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I would consider one of the 56'' lasers next year to replace my 51 slick. So long as it would be fine with the motrolfly I have in it and flys good. And the quality and CS is good. I am going to give AJ aircraft a year or so before I buy from them, do not want to be a guinea pig LOL.

ryan_m

100cc
Ahh I miss the old Billy Hell RC site, he sold some great planes off that site. Billy Hell is Jim Graham of rcgroups' alter ego... Was started back when theprofilebrotherhood.com site first started up.