• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Santi8

70cc twin V2
The 3DRCForums -OFF TOPIC- Thread

I just kill them with kindness.. Sounds like the "no" "not interested" attitude triggered the little princess.

SteveT.

100cc
I was talking to my next door neighbor a bit after this all went down, and he said he just told her he didn't have any money, and she went away...I guess from now on, I'll just say that.....but, yes, I am buying a security camera system today that will have at least three cameras...one in the garage, one outside the garage, and at least one for the back side of the house....and it will definitely have audio...

SteveT

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
My plans for a balsa Crack Yak are coming together :D 48" WS, airfoiled everything, $200 ARF, two color schemes. Ill be selling them at fly-ins and stuff, but I can mail them if you want one. Do you guys have any suggestions for landing gear?

Last edited by a moderator:

quadracer

100cc

I'd say wire gear like the Edge would be ideal to keep cost low. And, maybe some sort of arboreal force-field.... :p

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Alright. I made a mistake in my first post. There will be two sizes.

40"- $130 ARF
Setup:
Motor: Omega 72g
ESC- 40+amp ESC of choice
Servos- HS-65MG (x4)

48"- $200 ARF
Setup:
Motor: Omega 130g
ESC-50+amp ESC of choice
Servos- HS-65MG (x4)

Last edited by a moderator:

quadracer

100cc

$130 all-in, or $130 for the airframe? Not to bust your bubble or anything, but I think you'll find it hard to sell a 40" profile airframe at that price, when I can go buy a "proven awesome" 48" full-fuse Edge from 3DHS for $20 more (not to mention the discount if you buy a power system with it...)

I don't want you to think I'm bashing your ideas, but rather trying to help.

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Its not gonna be a profile. Full fuse and airfoiled everything. Plus its handmade and its ensured that every part will fit perfectly. :p oh well if it doesn't sell ill have a nice airframe for free :D (all my balsa comes from aerospace class :D)
For all-in the 40" one would be like $240 and the 48" way more.......

quadracer

100cc

Oh, I assumed since it was a "Crack Yak" it would be a profile/whatever the fuse is called on that. It's like a + profile, isn't it? Post some pics an info when you build it, and I just might have to buy one to "R&D" for you. :D

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Yeah the foamy one is but I'm building a full fuse balsa on based loosely on it. It will have the same shape wings and stabilizers and control surfaces etc.

SteveT.

100cc
Unless you are the original designer of the "Crack Yak" or have gotten permission to use that name, you can get yourself in big trouble for using that name, and...if you base your design on the original "Crack Yak", again, unless they have gotten permission to use their base design, Twisted Hobbies can come after you....

SteveT