• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Santi8

70cc twin V2
The 3DRCForums -OFF TOPIC- Thread

I'm stuck stuck stuckity stuck......in which 3DHS plane to buy. I'm thinking I should get a 40 EPP Edge, RF6, and a Futaba 7C............... I know I know, I already said I'm gonna get a 51 but I'm rethinking it. A 51 is way more $ than a 40-42", even a 48".

I'm a huge fan of RF6, definitely on another level as far as 3d planes goes! I can thank RF6 or helping me get my rolling harriers down in a weekend! I also like having 1 foam plane lying around, for me, the crack yak fills that spot perfectly. It's convenient and I can beat the hell out of it! As far as the 40", I feel like that plane would be harder to learn on because it's so small? Anyone else have an opinion? I do have the 42" Slick and I like it much more than the 41" edge buck huck.

Santi8

70cc twin V2

I think you would be better off with a tellink 48"... Wouldn't get knocked around in the wind as much and is much easier to see!
But I haven't flown the new 40". Could be awesome!

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Yeah but the 48" ones from telink and rcfactory are underpowered to be up to par with a 3DHS EPP. The 1100kv 78g motor is more suitable for a smaller plane. I'm getting the 40" EPP Edge and putting the Telink 48" power combo in it to save some money. I do already have a crack yak, and idk if its badly set up or what but it always pitches towards the canopy in KE and has a bit of coupling. I've tried making it tail heavy and it still pitches to the canopy. I don't have a computer radio so I can't mix it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Santi8

70cc twin V2

Yeah but the 48" ones from telink and rcfactory are underpowered to be up to par with a 3DHS EPP. The 1100kv 78g motor is more suitable for a smaller plane. I'm getting the 40" EPP Edge and putting the Telink 48" power combo in it to save some money.

Yeah, I wouldn't put the 78g motor in the 48!