• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

njswede

150cc
Ok how about I'll shoot to get there between 8-9 and probably show up a little after 9? I don't mind if I get there and hang for a bit if I'm early. It's easier for me to get out before the kids wake up etc.

Do you drink coffee and is there field power available?

Yes I drink coffee but unfortunately there's no power available. And we're talking Sunday, right? I'm busy tomorrow...

joshgluck

100cc
Yes I drink coffee but unfortunately there's no power available. And we're talking Sunday, right? I'm busy tomorrow...

Yes Sunday.. Alright I bring the coffee.
What's the address again?

For you guys charging 6s st the field without a genny, what are you doing? I was thinking about picking up a 1000w inverter from auto zone nd using it to power a Dell 750w ps for the pl8..anyone else done that? Success?

njswede

150cc
I just hook the charger up straight to the car battery. But you can only do that for 2-3 batteries before you run out of car battery.

quadracer

100cc
To mount the h-stab and elevator... :D

Here's how it works on EF planes, as they have a 1-piece elevator:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21365856923.676230.jpg

The manual says to do it this way, so it's what I did. Don't really like it, but once I have some time I'll put a patch over the seams and I'll barely notice it.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Busy morning planned!!

Maiden flights:

EF 48 Yak-EXP
3DHS 87" Extra (new DLE-55ra)
3DHS 70" Velox (gas conversion to DLE-20)

Fingers crossed the gassers start and don't flame out! :)

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Busy morning planned!!

Maiden flights:

EF 48 Yak-EXP
3DHS 87" Extra (new DLE-55ra)
3DHS 70" Velox (gas conversion to DLE-20)

Fingers crossed the gassers start and don't flame out! :)

Wish you the best. I just got back from 6 flights on my Crack Yak and 4 on my EF Edge 540. What a wonderful way to start the day. I still have not flown my 87" yet this year as I just don't have that much free time and it is to big to fly at work.