• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

SleepyC on FG

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
I have... er.. had, like 15-17 subscribed threads over there, I see maybe one or two updates per week now, lol... awfully quiet over there these days.

Mikeq

150cc
Ohio AV8TOR;14739 wrote: Is there a way to graph forum usage without being a mod?

Good question...I haven't signed on since the 11th of August and when I went to my profile page one of the last 10 visitors was FGNews...I'm sure they are tracking usage daily...when the advertisers start jumping ship it will only be a matter of time..

yakken

100cc
There was a brand new one at our local field that did the same thing.the guy flying it was flying it easy and it came apart.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Requested my account be closed, after seeing JB airing his dirty laundry, his excuse for doing this was, everyone forced him into spewing his useless dribble. Sad excuse for something that should have been kept private between employ, and employer. THis was nothing but both jims being a vindictive pricks. I click on the site once a week, only to see what vendors, are still supporting them, and to make sure I don't spend my hobby $$ with them. It won't be long before ol willynelson wannabe, and JB have nothing left, but the soap opera drama rcghobbykrap site, nothing but a bunch or arguing AARP card toting knowitall bastiddds on that site anyway.

EDit : I apologize to GiantScaleNews.com members who may be AARP card toters. I think most here get my analogy, if not here's a dacing chicken to entertain ya:dancing-chicken:

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
Possibly they want that crowd their more than the experienced guys and more hobby king advertising space? I really think so.....

Mikeq

150cc
Taildraggerrc;14770 wrote: Possibly they want that crowd their more than the experienced guys and more hobby king advertising space? I really think so.....

You may have a point Chad...never thought of it that way...get rid of the dominating habitual posters that normally bash companies like Hobby king for a new market group..

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
2walla;14671 wrote: Nope. It should take it. Poor design on the aeroworks cub. First they are 4-5 lbs overweight for their size. Second they made it strong enough to fly without struts. Third, you add struts to it that are the weak point When they let go, the shock loading blows the top off due to the sudden transfer of load to the tube and fuse top. I have flown my big sig cubs and busa cubs hard for many years withh no failures. Loose some weight and make the strut attachments better. No problems then.

The fun part is fg pulled the video so you cant see sleepy. Those boys hold a grudge. :tongue-new:

That sudden loading is why full scale planes have a max maneuvering speed specified. Above that speed any sudden full throw of the controls will likely cause structural damage. Designing a plane to survive max control throws all the way up to maximum speeds makes for very heavy structures. There's no choice for designers doing acro planes but a Cub (??!!??) with that big flat bottom wing going through a near instantaneous pitch up, that's a huge change in loading on the wing and fuselage....I'm pretty impressed it survived as long as it did and was surprised after reading the comments to see it doesn't have lift struts under the wings!

it's a dilemma for AeroWorks, they know who their customers are, they probably want to expand their offerings into other aircraft but selling a Cub to guys that shred airplanes and laugh about it? i wouldn't want to be the guy doing the design and drawings.......

flies great though, crazy knife edge and stable inverted (probably while in ground effect!) from a Cub is impressive for the Cub and the pilot!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
yakken;14765 wrote: There was a brand new one at our local field that did the same thing.the guy flying it was flying it easy and it came apart.

didn't see that post. doesn't make sense after seeing the other one being wrung out but didn't see the post.