• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Restoring The Yak

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Sorry I've not been here everyone. Work out of town has kept me from getting started on this.

I did talk to Pilot over the weekend. My covering and other parts should ship from China this week.

I've had second thoughts on the 3W 210 CSTS. Not that it wouldn't be awesome. I ran across a couple of 3dub quads yesterday. I really want a 3w quad and now is a really good time to get one. Before the restore begins.

Thoughts everyone?

Last edited:
Sorry I've not been here everyone. Work out of town has kept me from getting started on this.

I did talk to Pilot over the weekend. My coveringand other parts should shop from China this week.

I've had second thoughts on the 3W 210 CSTS. Not that it wouldn't be awesome. I ran across a couple of 3dub quads yesterday. I really want a 3w quad and now is a really good time to get one. Before the restore begins.

Thoughts everyone?

A 212 and a 220?? If so, I've flown the 212. It is stout! Then the 220 isnt much ahead of the 212.

Yup. I know John well. He is straight up all business. I've done a good bit of work for him, too. You can't go wrong with either engine. Neither of those engines have been flown hard. He babied them their entire life.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yup. I know John well. He is straight up all business. I've done a good bit of work for him, too. You can't go wrong with either engine. Neither of those engines have been flown hard. He babied them their entire life.
I gathered that same impression Chris. In fact, I was so comfortable with talking with him, I decided on the 212. So....I guess once this out of town work ceases, I will get busy on that big Yak'ster. I am really excited now. More so than before.
Good luck with the motor but......What scheme did you end up going with??? Me confused (as usual).
I decided on the CH1 that Pilot offers on their current models. It is the Green/Black/White scheme. However, I am probably going to keep the general theme the same, I may change up a few things to make it "my" own. I may use the covering as a template and change up the colors just a tad. One thing is for certain, I will be painstakingly dremeling out each and every cowl louver for ventilating that monster 4 banger that will be going on it. And since the fuse is not designed with servo bays in the rear for the rudder, while it is stripped down, that will be an absolute I will be implementing on the airframe. I just really like Push/Pull rudder set ups. And...I am going to need some tail weight to offset the extra motor weight. Not worried though, even if it is a couple of pounds heavier...It will still fly and float very nicely.
DSC06126.JPG