• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Restoring The Yak

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Do you mean to say you can hear yellow better? [emoji3]

Why YES, you nailed it!! I just love flying near or after dark, no wind, the air is cooler, etc. Actually I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on two 33000 lumen light bars for the back of my trailer so @ericb, @Robbins and I can play until we are actually tired of flying next year:yesss:

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
Why YES, you nailed it!! I just love flying near or after dark, no wind, the air is cooler, etc. Actually I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on two 33000 lumen light bars for the back of my trailer so @ericb, @Robbins and I can play until we are actually tired of flying next year:yesss:
Nice! I just mounted a 22000 lumen bar on the back of my tractor. Sure makes a bit of difference!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey @stangflyer,
I prefer the yellow, black and red scheme myself, but it's your plane.

What engine are you looking at using in this beast? Something with red heads or something round?:yesss:
Weeeeell, my buddy here has many options for me. A new Moki 250, a bad ass 210 Valach, or a 3dub 210 TSCS. I'm pretty certain he'd tell me, "mits" off the Valach. That's the one we're putting on the 47% Pilot Decathlon. As for the Moki, probably won't let that one go either. It's slated for his C-ARF folding wing Corsair. Guess that leaves the Red Headed Twin sparkler of death, the 3W 210. There is always the option of a DLE 222. After seeing my son's perform on his 43% Edge, I was like...oh, I gotta git me one of these. Yet after talking to @Spats yesterday, I'm really leaning towards a 3dub 170.

Spats

100cc
I'm considering that scheme for my Winter project only it will be yellow and black most likely.:way_to_go:

Only reason for me not to do green is I like to fly until you almost have to follow the sound of the plane for the dark......yellow works great for that!!

LOL listen for the Yellow:woohoo!:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
. . . . . .Pitts Bipe "WILL" get done this winter. But until then, I'm going to get started on a 40% Yak restoration and covering project.

Stay tuned for more to come.
:way_to_go:
Hey Rob,
How did I miss reading this the first time? Must be something about the fact that I was 1/2 asleep . . . . . .:laughing: You don't need a Pitts. If you want to build a bipe, get yourself a nice big Waco kit and build that instead. Besides, the Waco has a big round cowl that you can put yourself a big round engine in. Hint, hint. OK, I'll shut up now.

BTW, I'm going next weekend to pick up the 96" Laser. :brian-banana:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Rob,
How did I miss reading this the first time? Must be something about the fact that I was 1/2 asleep . . . . . .:laughing: You don't need a Pitts. If you want to build a bipe, get yourself a nice big Waco kit and build that instead. Besides, the Waco has a big round cowl that you can put yourself a big round engine in. Hint, hint. OK, I'll shut up now.

BTW, I'm going next weekend to pick up the 96" Laser. :brian-banana:
Awesome. Be sure to post lots of pics.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
OK, OK you asked for it, I'll start a new thread so I won't pollute your thread any more. But don't say I didn't warn you in advance. I will probably bore you and the rest of the Guy's to sleep. . . . . . :sleepy: