• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Project Stearman

reyn3545

100cc
That's going to be a great looking plane!

I bought an Evo 260 about the same time that you purchased your motor... and because I didn't want to risk a $10K plane on a motor I didn't know anything about, I spent a ton of time with that motor on the test stand.

At first, it ran OK, but I hated the choke setup. I swapped to a carb that included a choke arm and butterfly, and it worked much better. After a few gallons on the test stand, it became almost impossible to start. And the entire time I owned it, I was constantly chasing exhaust leaks where the exhaust ring connects to the header tubes.

In the end, I wound up selling the motor and going with a Moki 250. I've heard from others with similar problems, and I've heard from others that love their motor... good luck with yours, but I hope you do go through a couple of gallons on the ground before putting something as nice as this up in the air!

wecoyote

70cc twin V2
Many years ago I had a friend with a Super Stearman. He would take me up flying in it when ever we could get the chance.