• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

jeff

30cc
Very nice...my favorite scheme. You did an AWESOME job on mine. BTW for your DLE 111 try running a 29x9 Falcon carbon fiber prop. Great all around performance. I even bought one for the Valach 170 (34x12 carbon fiber).
The Challenger is looking Great. Nice work as usual.

Jeff

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I have heard that before on the Falcon prop. I just bought something local for the test stand and may very well try the Falcon for flight. I have a couple months before I'll need it.

By the way, could you take a couple pics with it in the light in a manner that show if it shines. In the previous photos it did not look like it had any and I know when it left here is was very glossy.

jeff

30cc
Oh. It shines alright! You did a great job on the paint. I'll definitely take some better pics of it in the right light and closeup of the top wings, there is NO gap between them...I know you'll like every bit of work you put into it. Make you wish you could have kept it for yourself...Not. Brother all your work is top notch!!

Jeff

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Sorry guys, nothing to post of late, I've been on the tractor the last three days, sun up til sundown. Believe me, I'd rather have been in the shop.

jeff

30cc
Same here Robert, nothing to post. It's been overcast and chance of rain all week. Sorry, no pics yet.

Jeff

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I worked on the base frame for the canopy frame a bit today, my kit was missing it so I am having to make it. What I am going to do is cover the cockpit area with tape and epoxy it together in position clamped to the fuse structure. Later when I want to add the canopy I can re-clamp it in place and glue the canopy to it, should make for a nice fit. The pieces can be seen on the bench under the fuse, in the morning I will take the scroll saw to the base plywood then get it epoxied together. The other pic is the fuse sheeting going on. I also have finished the aileron framing but will wait on the cover sheet until the control horns are installed.

Attachments

• 26.JPG
    26.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 215
  • 27.JPG
    27.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 240

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The last piece of nose sheeting has been added. The canopy frame has been epoxies, positioned, and clamped in place.

Attachments

• P1080350.JPG
    P1080350.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 252
  • P1080349.JPG
    P1080349.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 229