• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
@Hinckley Bill, I get them on Ebay, just type in lead ingots and you will get several that sell them. I like the Lyman size, the shape works out well and they are one pound each.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
After a day of tree work my body said not again today. So, I have finished the struts, mounted the right wing along with the strut.

Attachments

• P1080342.JPG
    P1080342.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 207

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I have covered turtle decks with balsa, plastic (Plexiglas), fiberglass, and even G10. But this one with the 1/64th ply was a real pain. It was just stiff enough to need strong measures but soft enough to move around. What I mean is, once it was pulled down on one end clamped the other end would pull out. Pull that end right and the other end pulled out. But I finally got it, I think, also started the nose sheeting. That will be about it for the day and tomorrow I will be back on that tree, wish me luck.....

Attachments

• P1080344.JPG
    P1080344.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 211

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
You are welcome Bill.
Been doing some aileron work but stopping and calling it a day.

Attachments

• P1080345.JPG
    P1080345.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 243

jeff

30cc
Way to go Robert, it's going to be done in no time. Have you figured out what scheme your going to finish it in?

Jeff

Last edited: