• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Spent some time last night getting the engine box positioned and checking the engine prop washer with the laser. All went well so hopefully sometime today I can get the box epoxied on. After the box I'll probably move on to the top wing halves. Sorry no pics, guess I was to tired to think about it.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
One last check on the bench before epoxying the box to the fuse. Everything look's good so, hi ho, hi ho.

Attachments

• 30.JPG
    30.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 227

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Unbelievable, just absolutely unbelievable. I went through all these check's and double check's and did not notice until after epoxying and glassing the box to the fuse. I glued the box to the firewall in the wrong direction. So, I am currently working on cutting off the front ply. Then I will change the angle and put the front back on. I will have to double the front ply to keep the engine spacing right. On a positive note the double ply will accommodate the blind nuts more appropriately.

Attachments

• P1080356.JPG
    P1080356.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The box was cut and assembled correctly up to my attaching it to the firewall. Why in the hell I rotated it 180° is beyond me, but, the box now has 3° right thrust. Working on the cover piece now.

Attachments

• P1080357.JPG
    P1080357.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 221

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Woo Hoo! The engine is in the right place according to the laser. That is it for the fuse with exception to the canopy but I want to wait until after sanding and shaping to fit it to it's frame. So!!! On to the top wing....

Attachments

• 34.JPG
    34.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 261

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I went and got me three flights in on the 1/3 scale GP Pitts and two flights in on the Eagle. On the Eagle, the three blade prop work's great, rpm's running 4400 to 4500 which is not bad considering the engine does not have thirty minutes on it. The temps are still really low at 160 ° and 180°, going to have to baffle for warmth. Average airspeed is 60mph with 81 on a down line. But unfortunately the two into one exhaust restricts the flow just enough so that when I turned on smoke the engine would die, I would assume excessive back pressure. So, sometime this week I will get it in the shop and add baffling to warm it up some and return the exhaust to dual pipes.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
You guys are going to love this one.
I have spent all day going over, under, and through everything. Nothing is wrong!!!! After a lengthy phone conversation (an attempt to stimulate brain cells) with a fellow modeling buddy it finally hit me, I was flipping the choke switch.....