• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Ok I have got my temper tantrum out of the way and can focus now on what needs to get done to make this thing not just sound and look awesome but FLY AWESOME. 1.Correcting the stab incidence (Going to set it at 0 degrees). I will measure the current "as built" setting ( looking at it from the side as compared to the wing looks like +3 degrees or so!) with my incidence meter. I will also check the main wings too.
2. Correct the right thrust (Going to set it at 4 degrees). Now the stab work wont be too difficult but the right thrust means cowl mods, remount engine, muffler. I will correct incidence and fly it first just to get this thing very stable at the point of stalling. Plane would always drop left and go in to a spin. It did not really wing rock! Some throttle and rudder mix will help with the thrust issue for now. Once the incidence is correctly verified by flying the plane then the cg can be re visited. I will say this plane did do the slowest inverted spin I have seen with high idle only and it took forever to lose altitude. So this gives me a glimmer of hope that it is going to be a "floaty flyer" .

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok I have got my temper tantrum out of the way and can focus now on what needs to get done to make this thing not just sound and look awesome but FLY AWESOME. 1.Correcting the stab incidence (Going to set it at 0 degrees). I will measure the current "as built" setting ( looking at it from the side as compared to the wing looks like +3 degrees or so!) with my incidence meter. I will also check the main wings too.
2. Correct the right thrust (Going to set it at 4 degrees). Now the stab work wont be too difficult but the right thrust means cowl mods, remount engine, muffler. I will correct incidence and fly it first just to get this thing very stable at the point of stalling. Plane would always drop left and go in to a spin. It did not really wing rock! Some throttle and rudder mix will help with the thrust issue for now. Once the incidence is correctly verified by flying the plane then the cg can be re visited. I will say this plane did do the slowest inverted spin I have seen with high idle only and it took forever to lose altitude. So this gives me a glimmer of hope that it is going to be a "floaty flyer" .
Well git 'er done there chap. I am anxious to see her really wail.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Me too Rob. This last time out I looked like a rooky pilot trying his first trainer landing. Oh the humiliation! More upset at myself than the plane really.
Well you really can't be upset at yourself. I mean, who thinks to check incedence on a new arf? I dunno, maybe some do. I can be straight up and say I do not. I guess I just take for granted the airframe was built true. Haven't had any issues yet. But that being said, if you looked like a rookie with a plane that badly "out", you might consider cutting yourself some slack. How many others would have brought it home in a body bag because of its issues? You brought her home safely. I say, kudos and big thumbs up there pal. We don't get lucky very often in this hobby. As I most recently discovered. But when lady luck shines on ya??? Brother I'm here to tell ya....I'm gonna take whatever luck rains down on me.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Kelly you came to mind the other day when I was leaving for work. The subdivision was having a large item pick up day where you get rid of everything that thy wont normally take. As I'm pulling out of the driveway the neighbor is adding stuff to her pile at the end of her driveway. One of the things was a 24" x 24" picture of a cheeseburger that looked just like you avatar! I was going to take a picture of it when I got home from work, but someone had stopped and taken it before I got home. :lol2:

This morning as I'm leaving for work they were in the neighborhood doing the pick up. I had heard it was County prisoners doing the work, and when I saw they were wearing the black and white striped uniforms I laughed so hard I almost wrecked. One of my favorite movies came to mind.

O_Brother_Spotlight.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
@Jetpainter I have actually seen the old "Chain Gang" and the "Steel Ball" recently myself here in Bama Land. Guess some local wardens are history buffs. Usually prison road crews are all white or orange.