• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hey Kelly,
You can do what my friend does to an airplane he doesn't like. He takes it to his band saw. . . :eek:

Back when ARF's where first coming out it was "expected" to have to do some fiddling with the aerodynamic set up of the model. But with todays modern manufacturing and building there is no excuse for a an ARF company to completely blow a incidence setting. I really believe that I was used as a recycle bin. They won't see any more of my money directly. I will use the good vendors here in the US. If they truly want to survive they will have a good customer support ethic. I am very pleased that things worked out though. I'm starting to really like this plane now.

Now here is a company I have had great success with dealing directly..........Just got a box full of Bad Ass.....

0219161457-00.jpg
0219161500-00.jpg
0219161503-00.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Sweeeeeet! Look forward to hearing how they work out for you. Like the helical gear concept.

Five of those "torque monsters" will be going in my 37% Pilot Edge. I have everything except the airframe. Looking at a build thread sometime in June when the weather is hot and I stay inside in the cool :too-cool:.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Back when ARF's where first coming out it was "expected" to have to do some fiddling with the aerodynamic set up of the model. But with todays modern manufacturing and building there is no excuse for a an ARF company to completely blow a incidence setting. I really believe that I was used as a recycle bin. They won't see any more of my money directly. I will use the good vendors here in the US. If they truly want to survive they will have a good customer support ethic. I am very pleased that things worked out though. I'm starting to really like this plane now.

Now here is a company I have had great success with dealing directly..........Just got a box full of Bad Ass.....

View attachment 50958 View attachment 50959 View attachment 50960
Bitchin'. I like....

yakken

100cc

View attachment 50958 View attachment 50959 View attachment 50960
Lemme know how you like those servos. I tried to order four from tdrc but they didnt have enough. I was gonna try the bms-2109s.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Lemme know how you like those servos. I tried to order four from tdrc but they didnt have enough. I was gonna try the bms-2109s.

Will do....But it wont be for a bit yet. I have been using the 2209's and 3114's for over 5 years now. The extra here in the thread has 3114's on all control surfaces. To date I have put new gears in 6 of 12-BLS 2209's and fixing to put gears in 6 of 12-BLS 3114's. They had developed just a bit of slop (about .75mm). But everything else (motors, boards, pots etc) is rock solid and should give me many more years of service. I was a die hard Futaba servo guy until Blue Bird showed me basically the same servos at a price point that won't blow up your check book. Quality servos! Good to see that Chad has started to carry them!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
:focus: Ok I got 12 flights and 16 engine starts on the DA 70 with the custom muffler. Some post flight inspection has revealed only a wheel collar (cheap stock aluminum.....note to self.....throw them away) on the right wheel came off causing some minor cracking and chipping of the paint. The connections from the header to the muffler are holding up well and absolutely no gooey mess any where! Clean as a whistle! I have been having about a 1/4 tank of fuel left after 8-10 minute flights. Next time out will get tach and thrust readings for performance increase if any. It has consumed approximately 1 gallon of gas.

0221162129-00.jpg 0221162129-01.jpg 0221162130-00.jpg 0221162130-01.jpg 0221162130-02.jpg 0221162131-00.jpg 0221162132-00.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
:focus: Ok I got 12 flights and 16 engine starts on the DA 70 with the custom muffler. Some post flight inspection has revealed only a wheel collar (cheap stock aluminum.....note to self.....throw them away) on the right wheel came off causing some minor cracking and chipping of the paint. The connections from the header to the muffler are holding up well and absolutely no gooey mess any where! Clean as a whistle! I have been having about a 1/4 tank of fuel left after 8-10 minute flights. Next time out will get tach and thrust readings for performance increase if any. It has consumed approximately 1 gallon of gas.

View attachment 51220 View attachment 51221 View attachment 51222 View attachment 51223 View attachment 51224 View attachment 51225 View attachment 51226
Looks great Kelly. I have to be honest and tell you, I am really regretting selling that 70 to you. Think ya might just wanna send it back? NAAA? Yeah, didn't think so. I am very happy all is going well with the Jtec custom muffler and the 70 twin.