• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 30% Sukhoi SU-26

mmlong

30cc
I cut and fit the plastic clip that comes on a loaf of bread. The servo wire goes in the slot. CA seems to hold them. I have a cup full of those things and use my imagination.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Foam Wire Keeps on the inside of the wing placed similar to Toms bridge idea. They seem to work really well.

Tseres

150cc
Did a little multitasking today. Started making the baffles for the Suk. I spliced and laminated some 1/16 X 3 sheeting to close off the front of the cowl. Then I covered one side with .o75 fiberglass cloth that I had left over from the P47. Use 30 minute epoxy for the resin thinned with some rubbing alcohol. This gave me a strong but light area to work with. I tacked it in place with some Medium CA. I'll Fiberglass it from the inside when it had some time to Cure.

While the glass was setting up. I went and joined the wing parts together on my Camel. You can check that out here.

http://giantscalenews.com/threads/balsa-usa-camel-f1.705/

DSC_0108.JPG DSC_0116.JPG DSC_0117.JPG

SnowDog

I'll be interested how you secure the baffle to the inside of the cowl...I had to do this on an older Su-26 that I had, and it did not stay secured. It sounds like you plan on fiberglassing the baffle in place from the inside? As usual, I'm learning another trick from this build thread!

Tseres

150cc
The furnace in my shop broke down. Waiting on parts. It's to cold to work in there right now so I haven't been out there for a couple of days. I'll get back to it when the furnace is fixed.

Last edited:

Tseres

150cc
Things are slowly getting back to normal. TH furnace in the shop makes it nice and warm. It's time to get back to working on the plane.

The last construction on the plane is baffling the engine. I first made the cover plate for the front of the cowl a couple of weeks back and tack glued it in with CA. Then I had to cut some clearances so the cowl could be put on and off and the choke rod had an Exit hole to go through. Once all that was finished I had to trim the cover plate on the outside. Then build the baffle for around the cylinder. The final move was to fiberglass the cover plate and the baffle to the cowl.

Thats it for today. It's time for Football.

.DSC_0001.JPGDSC_0002.JPGDSC_0003.JPGDSC_0004.JPGDSC_0005.JPGDSC_0006.JPGDSC_0007.JPGDSC_0008.JPGDSC_0009.JPGDSC_0010.JPGDSC_0011.JPG

Tseres

150cc
Painted the baffling with some high temp Engine paint from the auto parts store. I like this paint cause it don't need any primer. I sprayed the inside of the cowl as much as I could then finished it with a brush.

That's all I can do for now. All thats left is to install and plumb the tank. Don't have a tank yet so its in storage till then. The Kit comes with a 20oz Dubro tank. I want to use a water bottle tank instead.

DSC_0012.JPGDSC_0013.JPGDSC_0014.JPGDSC_0015.JPG